04. Melina

♕♕♕

"ARE YOU SURE GOING to St. Petersburg is a smart idea, Yelena?" Rosalie asked as Yelena started up the stolen car.

"We are not going into St. Petersburg," She corrected. "Just outside of it."

Rosalie sighed and rolled her eyes. "That makes me feel so much better."

Yelena mimicked the action and smacked Rosalie's shoulder playfully, like a scolding mother. She looked in the rear view mirror. "Ready Irina?" The Widow in the back nodded and gave a small thumbs up before Yelena started the engine and drove away. Since they were the last the leave, they were given the honours. "Go ahead."

Irina pulled out a small remote from her bag and clicked it softly. The large explosion shook the car as the safe house was blown to bits. "That should keep Wyatt off our trail for a while," Rosalie sighed with relief as she watched the roaring flame grow bigger, the bricks of the building falling in on themselves. "Will the others be okay?" She thought out loud.

"Yes," Yelena nodded. "And don't worry, we will see them again soon," Rosalie could tell that statement was more aimed at Irina than her, but it did bring her slight comfort that the other Widows would be okay.

As the drive continued, another thought popped into Rosalie's head. "Hey...who are we going to see anyway?"

"My mother," Yelena answered simply, her eyes never straying from the road ahead.

Rosalie tilted her head. "Your mother?" She could've sworn the Yelena's birth mother was dead. "But I thought-"

"Not my real mother, silly," Yelena chuckled half heartedly, looking at Rosalie from the corner of her eye. "Melina."

It took a few seconds for the name to click with Rosalie. "Melina Vostokoff?!" She gasped.

"That's the one," Yelena nodded.

"W-We thought she was dead!" Rosalie's hand flew to her forehead in shock.

From the back, Irina laughed loudly. "It would take an army to kill that woman!" Yelena chuckled as well.

"The CIA think they know everything," Yelena chortled. "Yet they thought Melina was dead. Did they think Dreykov had died when Natasha killed him, as well?" She questioned Rosalie.

"So much for the Central Intelligence Agency," Rosalie scoffed as she shook her head. "If they knew he was alive, they didn't want to believe it. It was easier to think that he was dead. Clearly, he wasn't and clearly the Agency needs to sort out some issues."