05. London

♕♕♕

  AFTER EXPLAINING THEIR SITUATION, Rosalie, Yelena, and Irina all sat in tense silence as Melina and Alexei took in what they had just said. Melina's face was straight and serious while you could practically see the gears turning in Alexei's head. Yelena coughed, grabbing their attention. "So..?" She raised her brows, looking between them.

Melina slowly cleared her throat. "We...will help," She placed her hand over Alexei's. "Have you thought about leaving the country?"

Rosalie nodded. "Of course. But there are only so many places we can go that Wyatt won't follow and most of those places wouldn't be very fond of us,"

"Yes...quite the predicament," Melina nodded, eyebrows knitted in deep thought. "You girls rest. Alexei and I will come up with a plan, make a few calls."

Nodding, the girls stood from their seats and headed to the one bedroom. Yelena shut the doors behind them and sighed deeply. "You alright?" Rosalie asked, concerned.

"Yeah..." The blonde breathed out. "We just can't seem to catch a break," She chuckled dryly.

"I'm sorry I brought you both into this mess," Rosalie wrapped her arms around her torso.

"Don't apologize," Irina spoke as she sat on the window bench. "None of this is your fault."

Rosalie opened her mouth to protest but Yelena raised her hand. "Nope. She is right," She took Rosalie by the arm and led her to the bed, where she softly pushed her down. "You need to rest. Irina and I will keep watch."

As Rosalie maneuvered the bed to get comfortable, she shook her head. "No, you guys need rest, too. Melina and Alexei are right outside. I'm sure you don't need to keep watch," For such a small room, the bed was massive — most likely to hold Alexei's large form. "Come. There's room for all of us. Rosalie moved to the very edge of the bed and patted next to her.

Irina and Yelena shared a look before shrugging and joining Rosalie. There was more than enough space for the small women to all fit comfortable and it didn't take long for them to fall asleep after the long day they had just had.

Their wake-up call was less than pleasant. Loud clapping, stomping, and singing startled the three women and as they all jumped for their weapons, there was a yell. "Ladies! It's just me!" It was Alexei. He held his hands up in surrender as he looked at each of them with wide eyes. Yelena and Rosalie both held their guns while Irina was ready to throw her knife.

"Dad!" Yelena gasped and then groaned. "You should know better," She huffed, tossing her gun onto the bed. Rosalie did the same and Irina pocketed the knife.

"Sorry, girls," Alexei chuckled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. Rosalie noticed that he was no longer in his Red Guardian suit, but in regular street clothes. She was surprised they made jeans that large. "We have plan." He led them back to the living area where Melina stood over the table, rummaging through three black duffel bags.