06. Captain Rogers

♕♕♕

NATASHA LED THE THREE through back alleys and unpopulated streets, avoiding the eyes of anyone who happened to be outside so late at night. "So...where are we going exactly?" Rosalie questioned, looking around at the old buildings.

"Somewhere safe," Natasha answered simply.

Rosalie couldn't help but scoff. "I'm sorry, but no where is truly safe when the CIA is hunting you,"

Natasha looked over her shoulder with a smirk. "I'm sorry, but a lot of places are, if you know where to go."

"I-" She had nothing. Rosalie continued walking slowly, her jaw dropped.

Yelena walked up next to her, smirking. "Close your mouth. You will catch flies," She nudged her before jogging to catch up with her sister.

From her other side, Irina chuckled lightly. "Natasha has a point, you know?" She cocked a brow.

Rosalie sighed, her shoulders dropping. "I guess...but it's hard to hear," She ran a hand through her wig as it itched uncomfortably. "You know, I believed I was doing good."

"And I'm sure you did," Irina placed a soft hand on her forearm in comfort. "You didn't know Foster would do this!"

Rosalie rolled her eyes. "But I should have. If he's doing this to me, who's to say he hasn't done it to anyone else?" She watched Irina's face change as she debated her words. "He's a criminal, trying to blame other people for his mistakes. If I take this to the capital-"

"No!" Irina shook her head rapidly. "You said it yourself — Wyatt is a powerful man. He would probably weasel his way out of anything you say."

Rosalie huffed, becoming impatient. "But...but what if..." She had nothing. Irina was right. She would need solid proof of what Wyatt was doing, her word alone would mean nothing. "I'll figure something out," She concluded bitterly, picking up the pace. Irina shook her head and followed.

They didn't walk for much longer, stopping at a run down apartment building. "Up we go," Natasha announced as they began climbing the absurd amount of stairs. Of course, all women were extremely athletic, so it didn't tire them out, but it didn't make the climbing particularly fun either. They stayed silent to keep their breath and twenty-odd flights later, they made it to their destination.

"What was the point of that?" Yelena huffed hands on her knees. "Why are you so far up!"

Natasha shook her head with a chuckle. "It's the cheapest place we could find," She shrugged.