15. Dating For Dummies

♕♕♕

HOW ROSALIE AND IRINA got together was really a funny story, or at least Yelena thought it was. They had just discharged Rosalie from the hospital and Herald had managed to cram everyone into his SUV. Marcus had offered to house her until Rosalie was well on her feet again and everyone stayed with her, making sure she was comfortable and safe until they began leaving one by one. Irina and Yelena were the only ones to stick around.

Rosalie gripped the sink as she stared at herself in the bathroom mirror. She moved her head around, staring at the scarring and burns, the bald spots of hair and missing lashes. She gripped the sink harder as tears threatened to fall. "Rosie?" A knock on the door startled her.

Composing herself, Rosalie turned around. "Come in!" She called, hoping she sounded normal.

The door creaked open and Yelena's head popped through. "Just checking in? How are you?"

Rosalie paused. "...good. I'm good."

When she hesitated, Yelena stepped in. "Rosie..." She frowned. "It's okay not to be okay. Your hair will grow back, the doctors said."

"I-It's not that, Yelena," Rosalie shook her head. "Well, it is and isn't. It's hard to explain."

Yelena crossed the small room in two long strides, gripping Rosalie's hands tightly. "Then explain it."

Rosalie rolled her eyes, scoffing with a small smile. "I would if I could," She shook her head. "But, even I don't know what I'm feeling. I'm sorry, Yelena."

"Rosie, no!" Yelena gasped. "Don't apologize! There is no need!"

"...Yelena I-" A knock interrupted their conversation.

Irina poked her head around the door, softly smiling. But her face dropped at the sight of such serious looks on the other women's faces. "Oh! I am so sorry! I didn't mean to intrude-"

"No, Irina. It's okay," Rosalie shook her head, beckoning the woman in. She was done with the pity talk anyway.

"Oh...kay," Irina nodded slowly and pushed herself into the small room. "I was wondering what you both would like for dinner? I want to cook."

Her words brought a small smile to Rosalie's face. "You cook?"

Irina looked down at the ground, a soft blush forming on her cheeks. "Well...no," She admitted. "But I would like to try! It seems like so much fun!"