Hero

Law didn't understand why Medeia just doesn't seem to be waking up. Even after fixing her wounds himself, and the help of the Tontatta Princess, Medeia's eyes were still closed tight. Her lungs refused to work.

"No, it's... no, I can heal her."
Law spoke to himself, trying once again.

"Please... you have to wake up."

_______________________________

[somewhere else]

"Oh? You've grown! You're taller than me now, Meddie!"

It's cold... but my hands are warm for some reason. And in front of me is...

"Mom..?"

There she is, standing in front of me with that warm, gentle smile that I've been trying so hard not to erase from my memories.

"Yes, darling?"
She held my hands, smiling.

"This is another dream, isn't it?"
I sighed, feeling pathetic.

"Is it though?"
A chuckle came from behind her.

Then Ace walked towards us.

"Ace..!"
My sight is blurry now, from all the tears that suddenly appeared.

"Meddie..."
He hugged me as Mom released her hold on my hands.

"I'm sorry... I should've been there with you."
I cried into the crook of his neck.

"You've always been with me, Meddie."
He smiled as he released the hug.

"With us."
Now Pops stood next to him.

Both looking at each other, smiling warmly.

Breaking down again, they all gave me a warm hug. One that's so comforting that I can feel the broken down pieces within me is slowly stitched up together once again.

"You're not supposed to be here with us."
Ace smiled sadly.

"Not yet, darling."
Mom also smiled sadly.

"You must not throw out your life so easily, Meddie. I know that you do know that you could fought him back earlier."
Pops frowned.

"After coming here, I know now that Sabo isn't here just yet. So you must keep that promise we made even more now that there's someone other than Luffy that you must protect."
Ace said, now his sad smile turned into a happy one.

"There's so many people waiting for you to come back, Meddie. You have to listen."
Mom said.

Confused, now the warmth on my hands are accompanied by a wet feeling on my cheeks. It's like I'm being rained on. But the sky is so clear here. Wherever we are right now.

"Okay, darling? We'll meet again, but not anytime soon."

"You have to listen to their voices and focus."

The feeling of warmth and rain is better perceived by me. Now I can slowly hear a faint rustling noise from somewhere. But there's no one and nothing else but us in here.