Slaves

Last night he told me about how the auction is usually held in the morning until afternoon so the buyer would have to have their lunch in the restaurants nearby. Which is fucked up if you ask me.

They're using this auction house as the main source of the island's income since it's usually nobles and higher ups who would buy a slave. Their life is fairly peaceful too since pirates rarely visit due to Marine's protection.

As we walked closer to the auction house, I can see clearly some slaves were being kept outside. Either they were someone's slave, or the auction house wants to show some of their 'products' off before the auction even start.

"Please."
He guided me to one of the front row seat.

Ones I guess usually where the nobles sit on.

Then after fifteen minutes of waiting, the auction finally starts.

_________________________

This place have more variety than the last island. They're not only selling ordinary humans, but they also sell people from the long arm tribe and long legs tribe. Which means they got their 'supplies' from someone out of this island.

This is troublesome...

Stopping or destroying this place just once won't make them stop easily. I have to know their supplier too.

"Do you know where the auction house got their items from?"
I asked the bartender, Lemin.

"Of course! The auction house have three main resources. The first one is those people sitting right there. They're called Sea Fighters and they usually kidnap ordinary humans."
He pointed to the second floor.

Probably an ex-pirate or something...

"Then the second group is East Eater and they usually go for rookie pirates. While the last one is Ladder Climber that usually provide the long limbs tribe."
He pointed to the other two groups on the second floor.

So pirate hunters and... They don't seem like pirates. They just seem like kidnappers.

I squinted my eyes at the two groups.

"So they're tied to the auction house?"
I asked.

"No, they just hand their items here to be sold and receive their payment whenever their items are sold. But they usually got all their items sold."
He shrugged as he smiled proudly.

It's disgusting...

How could anyone ever be okay with something like this?

What are the Marines doing?!

Since I've never been appointed to this kind of problem as a Marine, it just drive me mad knowing that such a thing is happening when the Marine base is basically next door.

To hell with the Marines...

I sighed as I continued to watch the auction happening. After around an hour, I spotted an interesting figure being sold.

"Starting from 150,000 beri!"
The MC announced.

"200,000"
I raised my panel.

"210,000!"
Someone said.

"220,000"
I said again.

"250,000!!"

"300,000"
I raised.

I can feel the glare from the other person towards me from the burning sensation I felt in my head. But I ignored it and won the bid.

The slave was immediately transferred to my side due to my personal request and we left the auction house before it finished.