Part 9-You Won't Prevail

The entire coven had been waiting for only a couple of minutes, but it seemed like an eternity when Don John and Synna were in the room.

"We cannot wait on them anymore!" One cried out.

"Yes, knock on the door." Another said.

One of the High Elders started to speak.

"Until we know that everything is well we will continue to wait."

Their was a murmur of grumbles and scoffs in the crowd.  

"Maybe they aren't the High Priest and High Priestess then." One female member said bitterly and doubtfully.

"Yes and he seems confused, or maybe is manipulative." One male member beside her said insulting Don John.

One rose up in furry and impatience.

"They are not them after all!"

The whole crowd had arose and began to agree in unison.

William heard the commotion and knew that the plan was working well.  Confusing and manipulating them into doubt was the perfect way of distracting them. 

Meanwhile Synna feelings for the coven was now on the same opinion list as Don John and William.

"That's not possible." She said, upset at the stupid notion she was a High Priestess of a coven. Namely one who had to do indecent and immoral things in their presence.

Don John keep checking the window and William was still outside. He walked over and ratted at it then walked back to Synna.

"Synna... they still do not know that you're a princess."

He was correct on that. 

"That is a good thing."

He wrapped his arms around her.

"I had a dream where you were wearing that ghastly garment and you were blindfolded. I tried to save you and myself." 

She looked up at him startled by the irony of his dream.

"I had a similar one too. Except I removed my blindfold then they placed it on me again."

Suddenly they heard the window slowly started to open. Synna got nervous but Don John calmed her down.

"It's okay, this is my friend William."

Synna realized he was the friend that previously was a Mench High Power member. She thought it was strange how his friend would enter from a window. He did a quick bow before the princess.

"Your highness."

"You are here to help us?" She asked.

"Yes and to hurry back to your palace and summon the guards."

Don John than took out a paper with the gem stone drawn on it.

"This is the pass code of the coven entrance. Ruby, sapphire, ruby and emerald."

She gazed at the paper and memorized the pattern.

"Why it is important that I have this?"

"For when the guards come and have the coven imprisoned." William informed her.

Their was a loud bang at the door and everyone turned around.

"William, I think it's time!" Don John announced.

The High Elders tried to hold back the High Power members but they all started to push and shove them.

"OPEN THE DOOR!" One of them screamed full of anger.

When the door was forced open William and Don John dropped four spheres of smoke bombs engulfing the entire room and fogging up everywhere else. No one of the crowd could see and some of them began to cough.

"Come princess!" Don John said.

Synna quickly got hold of his hand and they ran out the room with William leading the way.

Eagle was standing by along with another horse. They all climb on and hurried to the palace.

"How is it you two have smoke bombs?" Synna asked curiously. 

"Well, William and I have something similar to royal Synna." He went into his cloak pocket and showed it to her.

Written on it was a small map and on the right hand side was a castle. Beside the castle was a shield.

"You and him are knights?"

"It's a long story, we'll explain later." Don John said while riding straight ahead.

Synna had never known their were knights in her kingdom of which she'd never had in her palace.

They reached the palace and spoke with the guards and her parents about what had happened. Her parents understood that she hadn't anyway of knowing they were an occult as much as Don Juan. The guards had summon the royal army to accompany them to the coven's location. They hurried out of the palace and were all riding along the deepest part of the forest back to the coven. Don John instructed the guards to take a shortcut which he had drew onto a piece of paper.

While heading back Don John felt a hand on his shoulder smiled. He was thankful that the dreams he and Synna had never came to pass. For they were merely warnings of what the coven had in store.

"You're fortunate my beloved." Don John remarked.

William nodded slowly in agreement.

"I think we are all fortunate." Synna said leaning close to Don John.

William decided to add some extra information.

"I left obviously because they were practicing idolatry and perversion. I simply thought that they were missionaries who were spreading the Gospel but rather quietly."

Synna was still stunned as much as Don John was by how deceptive and confused they were.

"They always were speaking about the ghastly giants of the grigories and how those beings mating with the femmes of the Earth was destiny."

"That is not in the Bible though. It is of the Book of Noah's ancestor Enoch." Synna acknowledged.

"Yes, and they seem to believe that the grigories were better than the archangels. As I was told once."

Once everyone had arrived to them coven Synna gave the guards the pass code. They saw that some members had passed out while others were either delirious or had gone mad from the fear of an ambush.

 One of the members tried to touch Synna and Don John's cloaks but a guard had pointed a javelin to their throat.  

"Oh High Priest and High Priestess, what is happening?" One of the High Elders asked.

"We are not what you think we are, and never were." Synna said solemnly. 

That night the Mench High Power was no more and all the members were charged with hearsay and endangering the princess.