8 : Libraries should be quiet

Hwang Y/n's POV

"Hey, I heard Shim Jayoon's bidding on you"

"Then let her"

Dita pulled me behind the shelves of the school's library. "What are you two actually? Are you friends with her?" She asked me seriously. Should I tell her?

"She's my neighbor" I told her truthfully.  "But are you two friends? I saw you two talk more than 10 times" What does she need?

"So what if we talk? Is it a big deal?" She rolled her eyes and then grabbed my left shoulders. "Yah, have you gone nuts? Shim Jayoon, a poor girl, you, the richest one in the school!" What does it have to do with status?!

"Her father is a manager of Museum in Seoul"

"So what? They don't own the Museum, don't they?" This girl...

"Why are you interested about her? There's nothing interesting on that girl" Dita observed my face closely, thinking i was lying. "You're friends with her, aren't you?" I wish...

"No, why would I be friends with her" I walked away from the shelves straight to my homeroom classroom. "Yah!" I heard Dita shout behind me but I ignored her. She's really nosy about Jayoon lately. I wonder why.

As I sat down, I turn around to see Jayoon not seated yet.

She's not a late type of student, actually, this is the very first time she was late than me.

Jayoon's POV

I went to the library to return the book I borrowed last week. While giving it to the librarian, an acquaintance went to me said "Y/n and Dita were taking about you, come here" Minjeong pulled on one of the shelves and there, I can visibly hear Y/n and Dita talking.

"She's my neighbor" oh, it's really about me.

"But are you two friends? I saw you two talk more than 10 times" so what's the big deal if we're friends?

"So what if we talk? Is it a big deal?" I know right. I smirked at Y/n and took one piece of book out of the shelf to peek on them.

"Yah, have you gone nuts? Shim Jayoon, a poor girl, you, the richest one in the school!" I felt offended as I clenched my fist. What's the problem if I'm not rich as Y/n?!

"Her father is a manager of Museum in Seoul"

"So what? They don't own the Museum, don't they?" Jinjja I'm gonna slap her. I almost shook the shelf behind Y/n when Minjeong held my uniform to keep me standing straight.

Y/n's siding me huh, that's so sweet of her-

"Why are you interested about her? There's nothing interesting on that girl" wait...

"You're friends with her, aren't you?"... say yes. I was crossing my fingers as I closed my eyes and then,

"No, why would I be friends with her" my eyes shot open and a tear rolled down to my cheeks. I remembered, she forgot about me as her friend before...

I return the book to it's shelf and felt Minjeong hold my shoulders. "Sorry" she said before leaving the area. I gulped as I brushed my tears away.

Hwang Y/n...

Without her father's orders, she's still bad.

If she can't accept me as a friend, why would she even say sorry yesterday? She's really... ugh, she's unpredictable, fake and a backstabbing jerk.

I never thought her smiles were fake.

Her dazzling eyes... they never shined like before.

I felt myself sobbing but I covered my mouth.

Libraries should be quiet.

Tears are rolling back down to my face.

My childhood friend is completely gone. She doesn't remember me.

The Hwang Y/n I met is different than the one I used to know.