9 : Buddy Auction

Jayoon's POV

"Hello dear!" I heard Mrs. Hwang from our fence greeted. I was watering the grasses when she came. "Oh, hi Mrs. Hwang" I smiled at the lady, hoping the conversation will end soon... or not talk about Y/n.

"I heard that there will be a Buddy Auction tomorrow!" I smiled at her awkwardly as I went to close the water hose. "Uhm... yeah, I guess so ma'am" I went to the fence next to her mother.

"Do you still have extra eggs? I'm willing to buy" the forced smile turned into a natural one as I nodded at the older. "2 dozens please... if you have" I went to the house and got some eggs in the fridge.

The fridge is not overflowing anymore, my mom sold some eggs in the market and I decided to grew 7 more chickens.

"Here, Mrs. Hwang"

"Oh, I told you to call me mom" she patted my face lightly before taking the cartons in my hand. "Keep the change!" She gave a an envelope before leaving towards their house. I waved at her before going back to my house.

I opened the paper envelope and saw 50 dollars inside. A dollar! I don't know how much this is but she payed alot. I inspected the paper more and as I flipped the paper, there were written words in there.

"Bid for Y/n !"

"So you're bidding for Hwang Y/n? The finest girl in school?" I heard my neighbor, Yujin, asked me. We've been sitting in this room for hours. We're too early, only 3-5 students are here.

"Uhm, ofcourse not" I checked the time and it says 10:58 a.m. An hour before lunch.

"Why not? I think you got a lot of money in there" she took the small envelope in my hand and when she realized it was thin, she gave it back to me. Maybe she thought it was only 1000 won.

"Well, you can bid for Yena. Don't bid for Wonyoung tho. I think you don't have a chance for Y/n, sorry" I nodded at her and then the room started to fill with students.

"Hey Jayoon, I heard you're bidding for Y/n. Good luck to you" Giselle smirked at me before sitting down infront of me a little bit on the right.

"Hopes up. I will win her" Sunghoon then sat behind me. "Finest girl is for finest guys only" I heard him add. "Finest guy my ass"

"Did you say something, Jayoon?" I jumped a bit when Yujin whispered to me. "Yah! I thought you're Sunghoon!"

"You have a crush on Sunghoon? You're a low-class then-"

"Ani! I have a crush on a much better person, shut up Yujin" I pushed her shoulders away from me as the principal started talking.

"Good morning students, welcome to the 78th Buddy Auction of South Jeolla High School! Are your bids ready? Then let's start to our first buddy, Han Jihyo!" The rabbit looking girl moved infront and the students started clapping.

"Han Jihyo, or most of you all know as Jihan, have... Strawberry Ice Cream, Chocolate Cookies, Peach Mango pie and a Milkshake! Anyone?"

"1000 won!" Hyewon, from class 4, started the bid.

"2000 won" Haruto followed.

"5000 won, close" Hyewon raised her 5000 won money. Haruto gave up and slumped back on his seat. "Sold for Miss Jo Hyewon!"

"Ah, so this is how it works" I heard Yujin said as she started counting her money. "What are you doing?"

"Wonyoung is the second finest girl, I should be the one who would close the bids... so far I have... 20,000 won, oh no, what if someone richer bids to her... what do I do?"

"You have a crush on her, I see" Yujin looked at me with a surprised look. "A-Ani, what do you mean?" I rolled my eyes, smiling at her before focusing back on the stage.

"Kim Chaewon have Mint-Choco Ice cream-"

"Oh No~" the crowd started ooh-ing after hearing the ice cream flavor. Mint-choco is good tho.

"10,000!" A girl from grade 12th raised her hand. She's beautiful... I wonder why she didn't enter the buddy contestant.

"Sold for Kim Minju!"

While the auction goes on, I peeked on the envelope on my hand and thought about Yujin. I looked at her and saw her biting het nails.

Should I give her the money or... should I bid for Y/n?

This question got me thinking until it's only the final three remaining.

Hwang Y/n's POV

Since this morning, I've been hearing that Jayoon's going to bid for me. Well, I hope that happens. I really want to talk to her...

At far, I can see an envelope from her hands. Similar to the ones I gave my mom.

I smiled at the thought she would bid at me. I cooked the eggs I told my mom to buy from her. I also gave her the 50 dollars so she could bid at me...

"Mr. Son Dongpyo have macarons, vegan sandwich, and a corndog! Very cute! Who's bidding?" The principal asked but no one dared to raise their hands.

Oh poor Dongpyo, a school loner but he decided to join this contest. Who's going to bid for him now? I feel sad for-

"10,000 won" a faint but I could recognize who's voice talked.

"Anymore?... sold for Ms. Shim Jayoon!" I heard the loud clack of the wooden hammer hit the table. I felt my heart hit by it... how could Jayoon bid for a loner?! And... my money?!

I bit my inner lip as I look at Dongpyo. He's happy smiling, I bet he's jumpy inside too. Lucky him...

I looked at Jayoon who's sighing as she gave Yujin the envelope, Yujin giving her 10,000 won.

"Next is Jang Wonyoung-"

"50 Dollars!" Yujin stood up very happy as she waved the envelope on the air. "Wow! Dollars? Anyone?" Few people glared at her, pocketing their moneys.

"Sold for Ahn Yujin!"

As Wonyoung left the stage, I was the only one left. I felt my mood dropped after Jayoon bid for Dongpyo.

"Ms. Hwang has egg pie, egg sushi, diet coke and jokbal! Who will start the bid?"

"25,000 won" Sunghoon waved the bills in the air.

"30,000" Juyeon, the richest guy, followed.

"Tsk... 40,000 won" Giselle, the Japanese exchange student bid.

"50,000 won to make it close" Dita waved her hands at me and I smiled at her. Thank God she saved me from these three.

"Sold for Miss Dita Karang!"