Fail Safe

"Are you gonna sit down for breakfast?" Jon asked Jen as she dashed towards the front door.

"No, I'm fifteen minutes late for meeting with Sarah," Jen quickly said, before running out the door.

Speeding through town, Jen finally found herself at the Cushing house. The second she arrived, Sarah stood up from the curb.

"It's about time!" Sarah yelled, climbing into the car.

"Sorry, I woke up late," Jen said.

"You never wake up late, what really happened?"

"I promise you I'm telling the truth, I can't even believe it,"

"Hmm, I can't believe it...was there something happening between you and Jon?" Sarah wiggled her eyebrows.

"No, no there wasn't...in fact we've barley been talking since the day after we went to visit my family," Jen whispered the last part.

"I thought you guys were doing good after that?"

"Me too, but out of nowhere...he became distant,"

———————

"I have to go talk to a few teachers, I'll catch up with you later," Jen told Sarah.

"Okay, bye," Sarah went her own way.

Having not been at school for some time, Jen had to go and collect all the work she had missed. Once Jen was done collecting work, she found herself searching the school for Jon.

"Have you seen Jon?" Jen asked Sean.

"Nope," Sean answered.

"Damn...Jordan or Sarah?"

"No, haven't seen them...you coming to the assembly?"

"No, I'm gonna go find Jon...I'll talk to you later," Jen dashed off down the hall.

After another ten minutes of searching, Jen finally concluded that Jon was no longer on campus.

"Jon, where the hell are you?" Jen finally went into his mind.

"Jon?" Jen asked again, gaining now answer.

"Jordan! Where the hell is everyone?" Jen switched to Jordan's mind.

"I'm in the forest with Sarah. Why the hell are you yelling?" Jordan snapped.

"Because I can't find Jon and he's not answering me telepathically,"

Jen didn't receive a response after that, so she took it upon herself to go find Jon. Leaving the school, Jen tried to follow Jon's mind...only problem was, he was blocking her out.

"Then I'll go find Jordan,"

—————

"This is bullshit!" Jen yelled, walking through the forest.

"Stop right there!" A woman yelled.

Turing around, Jen was met with two police officers. Jen rolled her eyes and walked towards them, knowing that they were going to want her in custody.

"You should be in school, kid," The woman said.

"Yeah, yeah...I don't need a lecture," Jen snapped, climbing into the back of the car.

Jen sat in the back of the car for quite some time, while the officer drove around. The vehicle finally came to a stop, but it was still in the forest.

"That's enough, you two!" The officer yelled.

"Oh, shit," Jen said, seeing Jordan and Sarah.

The door to the back of the car opened and the first face Jen saw was Jordans. Jen gave a quick smile and patted the seat next to her.