Chapter Eight~ Olivier

Her eyes filled with fear once more, causing her to start hyperventilating again. "What are you?" she whimpered.

My shoulders slumped forward. She wasn't supposed to realized I'd never changed, whereas she had a different life each time. "Anya..." I groaned, dreading the thought of telling her. Once I realized she wasn't changing her mind I sighed in defeat. "Alright," I gave in, "I'm..."

I was going to tell her. Honest. But... I started thinking before I ever said it. Why couldn't she just love me for me? She didn't need to know why I never changed. Besides, if I told her, she'd get the wrong impression. She'd let it go to her head and believe all of the stories that people told. "Demon!" they all called me. "He's a sin! Devils like him shouldn't exist!"

Truth be told, I laughed at these comments. I wasn't just a devil, I was the devil. Hades. But, I wasn't the sin everyone claimed I was. I did my best to be nice. Yes, I had it in me to be the terrorist the humans imagined, but I had no desire to be. I never attacked unless they attacked first. Well... And the first time they killed my love and Eliza.

But Anya wouldn't see it that way. She'd see it the way they did. She'd see me as the monster they all did.

"Oli," she said quietly, "just tell-"

"Dammit, Anya!" I yelled. "Why can't you just love me how I am? You don't need to know what I am or what I've done!" I kissed her neck as I spoke and pushed her back into the bed, trying to distract her from the subject. "Just love me back, Anya," I cried. "Please. Just love me like you used to."

Anastasia pushed me back slightly, her mouth still only a breath away. "Olivier," she said, her voice controlled and calm. "What. Are. You?"

I swallowed hard, my gaze traveling to her neck. My mind wandered to the feel of her soft skin, her veins, the sweet blood rushing inside of her...

Running the back of two fingers down her neck, I stared, tears filling my eyes. "Can't you learn to love the devil?" I breathed.

Her sharp intake of breath was enough of answer than I'd ever needed. "Oli..." she whispered.

"Don't bother-"

Anya pulled me back down and kissed me hard. "I don't love you any less," she muttered. "I just needed to know why I changed and you didn't. I thought I was... defective or something," Anya laughed.

"No, baby, no," I muttered, kissing her hard. I rested one hand on her neck, the other on her cheek to pull her closer. How could she not be repulsed? Disgusted? She should be afraid. I never wanted her to be, but everyone else was. I never told her what I was in any life but her first. And in that one, she was taken from me all too soon. I didn't have time to make the decision on whether or not to turn her. Hades or not, the same Vampire Basics apply. Except... Well, I can be around crosses and garlic, walk in the sun, I don't fucking sparkle {where in the hell did that idea even come from?}... I was basically your average guy. Just an immortal, blood-sucking, demon-controlling, god version. But, no, I never stole Persephone or whatever else that mythology shit says. I love her to death, but as a niece. Which she was. Never a lover.

"Oli," Anya muttered through the kiss. "Olivier, why are you telling me this? From what I remember, you've never told me before."

I stared into her eyes, silently begging her to understand. "I've finally decided that I want you with me forever. No more waiting a century for you to even be reborn. I want you for all of eternity, mi amour. I won't let you go."

Swallowing hard, she met my gaze with wonder. "You mean...?" Her eyes traveled slowly down to my teeth, and I couldn't help but smirk a little. Her desire to be bitten was remarkable. Impressive, even. Most people didn't want to be touched by me once they knew what I was.

"Yes, my little dove," I smiled. "I want to turn you. But, of course, I won't if you don't want me to."

Anya smiled and opened her mouth to speak, only to be interrupted by a sudden knock.

I groaned and stood. "Christ," I mumbled. "Come in, Steffie."

What? It had to be her.

She was my only demon I ever let enter this part of the cave.