Chapter Eleven~ Anya

Her eyes seemed to burn holes into my skin, and if looks could kill, I had a feeling I'd be long gone by now. Sayonara, Anya...

"Olivier Winters... who is this?" the woman - who I assumed was his mother - chastised. Oh, shit...

"Maman, se il vous plaît, pas maintenant," he muttered, his arm automatically sliding around my waist.

"I've told you before, son, this girl is trouble. This human you claim to love has brought you nothing but pain-"

"Enough," Oli scolded, his voice booming in the hallway. "You don't know her like I do, Janice. You've never let her in."

Janice's face seemed to tighten, regret flashing in her eyes for the briefest moment, only to be replaced by that cold, hard stare. "I don't need to. Her personality says enough."

"Mama, stop. Now."

She stared a second longer, arms crossed, body completely straight. As she scanned me up and down, attempting to interrogate me, I tried to do the same, eyeing her flat-ironed, pale blonde hair and green eyes... Clearly, Oli got none of his traits from her. Well... except for the pale skin. I blamed that all on her.

After what seemed like a century, she raised her chin and walked away with a huff.

Oli waited until she turned the corner to pull me to him, his mouth crashing into mine. He seemed to be taking his anger out on me, but I was perfectly okay with that. His tongue battled with mine a moment longer before he forced himself to pull back with great reluctance. "I'm sorry about... her," he panted.

I laughed, brushing a strand of hair from his eyes. "It's okay."

With his hair down, the bangs started at the bottom of his left eye and tapered down to his right jaw line before turning into his full hair. Thin and endlessly dark, it just barely brushed the tops of his shoulders, begging me to tangle my hands in them. His eyes seemed to glow and shine, but not the deep red of a vampire's hungry eyes. They were still the shocking blue I knew and loved. As sexy as his demon eyes were, his blue eyes were just... him.

"Okay, okay," he whined, kissing up my neck. "Quit analyzing me. You're embarrassing me."

Laughing, I pushed him back enough to search his eyes. "What?" I said with mock surprise lacing my words. "My demon? That easily embarrassed?"

Oli threw his head back and laughed. "Well," he smiled, "at least you're accepting of my nature."

The smile on my face took some forced effort to keep as reality sank in. I had literally just been fed my memories from past lives back from my vampire-slash-demon-god boyfriend-slash-fiancé-slash-husband (depending on which life you based our relationship on) who I only vaguely remembered at all. I had over one hundred children in all of my past lives added together, and each of them died before they reached the age of twenty.

"Is something wrong, Anya?" he whispered, pressing his warm mouth to my cheek.

All worries were pushed back for the time being as I marveled in his kiss. "Perfectly fine," I breathed, arching my back into him.

"Then what are we waiting for?" he whispered, grabbing my hand and pulling me down the hall.

Oh gosh. What had I gotten myself into?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinxx: {Oh lawdy lawdy, is Anya having second thoughts? XD who knows? You'll have to read to find out...}