Origin

Sherlock Holmes was written by Arthur Conan Doyle, his first story was published in a magazine and over time they gained such success as to have a total of sixty Sherlock books, this famous detective was inspired by Sir Arthur's professor, who could tell where people came from, loved literature, and yes, Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character and he never really existed, but his success was so successful that some people believe he was really existed.

   Sherlock came from Conan's youth, who despite being a doctor (the same profession as Doctor Watson), was always interested in writing.

   This was his best known book and to this day people like it, so much that it gave rise to movies and series, but despite everything, he was not the first detective, Edgar Allan Poe had also written a similar one and several other writers, but Holmes was the most recognized and applauded by the public.

   Apparently Holmes starts the book saga at age thirty-three and ends at age sixty, obviously the book itself is older (one hundred and twenty to be exact), and despite being portrayed as self-assured and arrogant, he appears to be kind at times, but I'll talk about its characteristics another time.

°Usually the books are marked by a hat silhouette smoking a pipe, or just his pipe, a striking feature of the character.

°He lives, according to the books, at 221B Baker Street, what many don't know is that this place actually exists and is currently occupied by a museum for Sir Sherlock Holmes.