John Watson

How to talk about the incredible Sir Sherlock Holmes and not his loyal friend Dr. Watson? Impossible no?

    John Watson knew Sherlock from the first book: A Study in Scarlet, so much so that he was the one who always wrote them and narrated the facts that happened, he even claims that Sherlock deserved to be recognized, which gave rise to all his books, although he writes perfectly and in great detail he was not a writer or a journalist, he was actually a doctor, so much so that he sometimes helps Sherlock on his missions, to talk about how the victim died, or how long his body had been there.

    In the first book Watson wanted to share his apartment with someone else, as he served in the army as a doctor but ended up injured forcing him to return to England, and a friend introduces him to Holmes, since then, over time, both of them make great friends.

Personality

    In general he is a kind doctor and an ordinary gentleman at the time, he has a lot of willpower to help people, as in addition to wanting to help the wounded soldiers, he helps Holmes in their cases, even though it is said that he is slow-witted, he's actually very smart, being a great surgeon and sometimes, even if it's not on purpose, he helps Sherlock in his cases and is always his right hand man, clearly at first he despairs more in cases than the detective himself, as he is stunned by so much mystery and always over-praises his friend as thinks he is very intelligent, but over time he seems to become more focused and observe things better (never failing to praise Holmes).

Appearance

    His clothes are made up of contemporary social clothes, a cuckoo hat and a mustache, although he is sometimes depicted in the movies or on the BBC series with a cane (at least initially), none of which is mentioned in the books, and he is always mentioned to be shorter than Holmes, but it is common considering the fact that the book mentions that the detective is tall and lanky.

Forgotten?

    Sometimes, usually on the BBC series, he's forgotten and the spotlight revolves around Sherlock Holmes, but it's just a joke because it's impossible for the detective to stay away from his friend, their bonds of friendship have become so strong that everyone associates them two .

Positive Points

°He's loyal, and despite everything he's still friends with Sherlock.

°He tries to help people including Holmes, an example of this is when Sherlock is bored and uses drugs, and the doctor is against it because of his partner's health.

°Despite being a doctor, he never feels superior about it.

°He values the services rendered by Holmes, and even publicizes his adventures.

Negative Points

°Despite his good will he exposes Sherlock easily.

°He usually gets carried away by emotion.

°When he gets angry with Sherlock he becomes a difficult person to talk to.