Sherlock's emotional

Is not a news, Sherlock is not emotional person, but,somethimes he has specific moments who proof to the contrary.

In the book

  Honestly I don't know everything because I can't read all books, but in the book who I ready, sometimes the detective is very emotional with his friend, John Watson, remember, is not a romance way, but Holmes really care for his friend, somethimes is like a teacher for him, and say John is not very smart, but is a way for some peoples, include Sherlock, because the doctor help him so much, so this side of Holmes is really beautifull, because he cares about his friend, and admits, Watson help him, and he always is ready to save his friend.

  Somethimes he looks like sad, or melancholic, when he don't has a case he drugs himself with opium, because he need do something or he stay bored, and in the period who de book is published is not a real problem, is a habit for de time, but if you see psychologically for actual days, is sad, because he don't has very consideration for his life, he don't care for drug himself if this make him distracted, if you read the book, you read the sad way how she speak it; And when he can't resolve a case, he can't sleep, because he need do this, is like the only thing he like to do...

BBC Series

  In the series is different, not just they change a little the story, bur because the serie is in the actual days, and some things changes, example: He drug himself is a problem, Mycroft say this, and the other characters of the show see this like a problem, he stay crazy when something is wrong, turning insane and sad somethimes, when Mary dies, he blame himself and use drugs and stay very bad because he don't have John Watson anymore, he can't save the wife of his friend, and his family, a other time in the serie is when he see a crutch and remember John, have a time he said "I want to d!e" for the serial killer, but after he denies, but for the killer stay happy, but can be a trick because he knows John wanna save him, so I don't know if he was really depressed or lying.

  Other thing he need persons happy with his job, besides he say for John hw don't need a blog, he likes the attention of this, and like say his deductions for persons, principaly Watson (just like the book), and soemtimes is very emotional when he need choose his brother or his friend, and some person is depressed or in danger, a example is when a woman (I don't wanna give more spoilers LOL) have a gun is his bag and he throw in the lake, because he knows she is depressed, or in the marriage of John and Marry, when he stay happy with them, but a little sad, because he don't have a love (but after this episode is understandable why he can't has a healthy relationship).

  Of the three brothers he has the more emotional, because he made friends and care with the persons beside his way, the only reason for he to be like this, is about the trauma about his friend Victor, honestly I guess is because this he say he never had a friend, because was painful remember of his death friend, and dificult make I new one. 

  But besides this in the beginning, he don't looks like a depressed person, a example of this is when he comite "suicide", but is a lie, and he don't was sad or depressed, was just a incenation, but probably he stay melancholic after Mary's death, or he ever be, but with Mary's death and lost his best friend he stay worst, or was a trigger for him lost his best friend, because in the childhood he lost his only best friend.

Reason 

  He was never a very emotional person, in the beginning in the serie, he is cold, don't care about the persons and don't wanderstand why people stay with him, but with time he is more affectionate and don't like when the persons are very sad (example in the episode "The Sign of Three" and "The Lying Detective"), and somethimes he can understand why the persons stay angry or sad, and somethimes is gentle; After John stay angry with him he drugs himself and are more melancholic but after they get along he back a normal life.

  In the books the drugs himself too, but is when he don't have a case, and not because he fight with John or something went wrong, is just because for the time was legally and was comum, principaly for him, who need thinking everytime, in the bok we is more calm and emotional, somethimes understand why people stay scared but other times he don't understand, he is a genius, but he stay a human, and don't is glorified like the series.