Did Conan Doyle not like Sherlock Holmes?

It's a surprise, but Conan Doyle didn't like Sherlock Holmes very much; at first he likes the book, but as time goes by, and with the pressure on him to write more books he started to get bored with the character and to get discouraged by his stories, to the point where he didn't like Holmes as much as he did in the beginning.

!!Content Spoiler!!

    Conan Doyle had been writing Sherlock short stories since his teens, so at first it was fun and inspirational, but with the book's great fame he started to get disgusted to the point of trying to kill the character, this caused great controversy from fans, the revolt was so great that they even paid tribute to the detective, and tried to find plausible explanations for his return to life, this was from the author's mother who disagreed with the tragic end of Holmes, to even receiving death threats, so he made the detective's comeback as the last book.

   He "killed" Holmes in the book "The Final Problem", causing him to fall into the falls with his enemy Moriarty, but that was not his end, as he was resurrected in the following book: "The return of Sherlock Holmes", so much so that in the end Holmes fulfills "his dream" of running a bee farm.  

What do you have in common with the BBC series?

   There is an episode of the BBC series where Sherlock Holmes commits "suicide", but in reality it was all a conspiracy to deceive Moriarty, Holmes jumps out of a building, and later explains to John that everything was worked out, and even the people present that day knew about it.

  This fact that happened in the series was clearly inspired by the book, but they updated it to something more modern, because this Sherlock Holmes takes place nowadays, so instead of a fight in the falls, it was a discussion of manipulation on top of a building, and instead of being the penultimate episode of the series, it was just one of the first.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Final_Problem