Chapter 5: Running will get you nowhere

|LUKE'S POV|

I know I want her. No one except her. She's my mate. She's mine. I ran back to my room through the window. I transformed to my human form and wore my clothes.

"Rose?" I called and she was no where in the room. I walked out and called for her again. "I'm here Luke." She walked to me. "I need to talk to you." I spoke. "Sure." She smiled and hugged my arm. We reached our room and I pulled my arm away.

"I found my mate." I spoke and she nodded. This isn't the reaction I was expecting.
"Alpha Crystal?"
   "How did you know?"
"How can I not know? The moment we arrived you've been acting differently. You smile a lot. You were with her last night right?"
  "I'm sorry –"
"Don't be. It's not your fault. I was expecting this from the start kinda. A human and a werewolf? I'm not even your mate." She spoke.

My heart clenched. I thought I loved her but I was wrong. I feel guilty for hurting this lovely human.

"How can I make it up to you?" I took her hands in mine. She chuckled shaking her head.
"Free me from the pack." She spoke and I looked at her surprised.
"I want to live my life as a simple human. Date a human and maybe get married some day." She spoke and I chuckled.
"If that's what you want." I smiled.

Evening came sooner. I got ready in my black tux suit. We were called for dinner. It's an early dinner so we can celebrate the night.

I walked down with Rose. We sat on our named table. I looked for her in the room. It was easy to spot her at the front table with her father and brother.

Her eyes met mine and she quickly looked away. Avoiding me is taking her nowhere. "Are you two not on good terms?" Rose asked and I turned to her.

"She doesn't want a mate." I spoke and she gasped.
"Nothing to worry. She'll change her mind soon." I smirked.

After dinner we were lead to a large ground. The moon was appearing. Rose was lead to a different way. We werewolves walked into the ground.

"Alpha Luke." I turned to Alpha Christoper. We hugged. "I didn't see you yesterday at dinner." I spoke. "We just arrived today." He spoke. "Alpha Nicholas is here?"
  "No. Our mate is pregnant so he's looking after her. As the eldest I came."
"Congratulations. You two must be really happy."
   "Yeah. She's just so precious."
My eyes caught my mate.
"Yeah."
   "The doctor said we are having four babies. I'm really nervous about it."
"Four? That's a lot. You'll have a hard time babysitting." He laughed.

The big bell was banged. The red moon came out.

"Looks like it's time." I spoke and he nodded.

"Happy Festejo!" Alpha Alexander announced. He transformed into his big white wolf and houled to the moon. Soon there were a lots of bone cracking voices.

Everyone turned into their wolf form and howled at the moon praying for wellness and prosperity of our packs and mates.

We stopped and my eyes met hers. We walked to the counter to grab the robes. I walked behind the counter wall and turned back and wore the robe.

The wine was served soon after. I walked to her. She tried to escape but I caught her.

"Running will get you no where."  I smirked and she turned to me.
"I wasn't running. I just didn't saw you there." She spoke.
"Even if you didn't saw me you probably smelled me. Didn't you mate?" Her eyes went wide and she looked around.

"I'm not your mate." She whispered. I didn't like the words. I slowly moved my fingers over his arm and she bit her lips. "Do I feel wrong?" I asked holding her hand.

"Why are you doing this?" She tried to pull her hand back. "Because I want you." I whispered into her ears. "And I know you want me too." I spoke looking into her eyes. She looked away pulling her hand away from me.

"I told Rose that you are my mate." I spoke and she looked at me surprised. "She's leaving my pack."
   "How can you do that to her. Didn't you love her?" She looked pissed.
"She was the one who wanted to leave the pack and live a human life. And about loving her I was wrong. I thought I loved her but I don't. Maybe I did like her at the start but I understood I was fooling myself when I met you." I spoke as sincerely as possible.

Her eyes softened and for a moment I felt her walls going down.
She looked away shaking her head.
"Well it's your personal matter. I have no interest in who you be with." She turned around.

I sighed frustrated. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to my chest. Her eyes went wide. "Give me a reason. Is this for some other man?" I asked through clenched fist. She almost shook her head but stopped.

"Yes." She spoke and I knew right away that she was lying.
  "Then why did you accept my embrace last night?" I growled lowly at her face.
She looked away.
"I was in heat." She spoke and I chuckled. "Then maybe I should try embracing you again tonight." I spoke and she looked at me with wide eyes.