009

---CHAPTER 9---
---"I'm only a simp for her"---

Elodie sat nervously at the airport. Techno should be here any second. Elodie stared at her phone, shaking her leg to calm herself down. There is no reason why she should be nervous. Techno is her friend who shes only slightly into but that wont matter she just needs him to reject her so she can move on. Wilbur was with her as well but he had to go to the bathroom leaving the girl to make sure Techno doesnt get lost in the Brighton airport. Elodie looks up from her phone to look around and she saw Techno leaning on a pole looking down at his phone. Assuming hes texting Wilbur. Elodie ran over to the man tackling him in a hug.

"Hello to you too." Techno chuckled melting into the hug.

"Sorry I just-"

"Techno! It's nice to see you again man!" Wilbur yelled, making Elodie jump and pull out of the hug.

"Wilbur! Always a pleasure." Techno sighed.

"Let's get going. Roadtrip to Tubbos later!" Wilbur cheered. He was already out the door by the time Techno could grab his stuff.

"Lemme help." Elodie said grabbing a bag. Techno gave her a warm smile. As they where walking their hands brushed each others accidentally. Elodie took the chance to be bold. Grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers. She looked up at Techno with a curious look on her face. Techno only smiled back letting it happen.

Once they got to the door Elodie let her hand go. "Will would kill me." She told Techno. He understood. Wilbur unlocked the car and drove back to his and Elodies house. The entire time Techno and Wilbur made small conversations while Elodie sat in the back staring out the window. Frazzled by what had happened. She only wanted to know if he feels the same way.

---time skip---

"Road trip!" Wilbur yelled from the living room. Elodie was preparing a stream for when they get back from Tubbos. Ranboo had just landed a couple hours after Techno. So there was a meetup plan and the streamers are not going to miss out on big numbers. The roadtrip was going fine. Its only a 3 hour drive and none of them felt like taking the train. Elodie was pushed to the backseat once again but she had control of the aux.

"Eyup, Techno! Listen to this song." She said playing the familiar tune of 'Hey Stupid, I Love You' The girl basically just dedicated a song about being in love with each other to who shes crushing on. It was pain that her and Techno can't be together.

She hummed along with the song. Quietly so the others can hear it.

I'm not gonna interrupt if you need
To talk about it
Roll my eyes get offended by
The way you doubt it

Elodie smiled in the back as the chorus was about to play.

You know I'll remind you
When you think I dont
Hey stupid, i love you

Elodie quickly changed the song to This December by Ricky Montgomery to try and shift the mood in the car.

"Sorry I just- aha um... wanted to listen to a different song?" She squawked out. "Anyways Ricky is a great artist um..."

"I think the song was really good by the way" Techno said making Elodie melt in the back seat. She wanted to just hold his hand and confess but. Theres no way she could. Wilbur would be mad because she likes his friend. And she doesnt want to ruin any friendships with this crush.