Chapter 9

Serena's POV

"So what did you do yesterday? I sent you a message but you didn't respond." Dawn asked me.

"Nothing much," Dawn raised an eybrow at me.  "I just...had stuff to do."

Dawn sighed, "What did you do?"

"You know, went shopping." I'm a horrible lier.

"Yeah right, you never go shopping with me." She knew I was lieing.

"Ok fine but promise me-oh look there's Ash!" I nudged her with my elbow.

"Where?!" She quickly turned around fixing her hair even though nothing was wrong with it. At least I don't have to tell her anything. "Isn't he cute?"

"Sure," I didn't really know how to reply to her. "Hey Dawn." I suddenly remembered something.

"Yeah what is it?" She turned around and faced me.

"Didn't you tell me your childhood best friend Kenny liked you?"

"Yeah, what about it? Wait, don't tell me you like him." She smiled widely.

"Hahaha you're funny, he's not even my type." I joked around with her.

"Then what is your type?"

I thought for a moment, "I really don't know." I said shyly. "Anyway, that's not what I wanted to tell you."

"Then what is it?" Dawn asked me.

"Didn't you tell me you also liked him."

Dawn put a hand on my shoulder. "Serena, that's all in the past. I like Ash now."

"But what if he likes someone else?" I put my hand on her shoulder, like she did.

"Lets hope he doesnt, but if he does then I guess I can't do anything about it!" Dawn seemed like she would accept if Ash liked someone or maybe she's so confident that Ash likes nobody that nothing will go wrong.

"How can you always be so happy?" I always wondered how Dawn kept a smile on her face when I always found a way to make it disappear.

"I really don't know, I guess I always look at the bright side of things." She laughed. "Lets say I see the cup half full instead of half empty."

"And I just see it as half, no more no less." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I guess you could also see it that way."

I checked my phone to see the time. I saw the bell was almost going to ring so Dawn and I started walking.

****

We sat down in our usual spots as I saw Ash enter the classroom.

"Hey." He smiled at me.

"Hi," I smiled waving awkwardly.

Dawn quickly looked away from Ash as he passed by her desk. Looking back at me I wondered why shehad acted that way.

The school bell rang indicating that class was starting. The teacher entered the classroom and told us to take our Science stuff out. Our plants were growing well, he informed us that at the by the end of the month we should have a way of presenting the information we have collected on how well the plant had grown. I already had an idea on how to do the project, hopefully Ash will like my idea.

The rest of Science class we learned about photosynthesis, pillination, and the different organs of plants. I had Math 2nd hour along with Ash. I gathered my things as the bell rang and headed towards my locker to grab my Math supplies. Opening my locker I saw as a note fell from inside of it, I picked up the peice of paper and put it inside my Math book. Making my way to my next class I couldn't help but wonder what the note was about.

Arriving, I took my sat down where I usually did and pulled out the note. Unfolding it I read quickly,

I need your help. It's something I need to talk to you about in person, please wait for me by your locker today after school. I don't want anyone there except you.
-Kenny

I wonder what Kenny wants.

Folding the note and putting in my pocket I opened my math book and wrote down today's homework. Iwas good at math, to say the least, I have an A+. It seems quite easy for me, but I know that for many others it seems hard. No I'm not in advanced math becuase I known for a fact that that stuff is hard. That's why when it comes to tests and participating I do what a standard student would do. I still get asked by my math teacher to tutor a student for a couple of days from time to time, I say yes and in little time the student gets the hang of things and I don't need to tutor them anymore.

"Serena can you please come over here?" My math teacher asked me. Her name is Mrs. Lindsey,she's really nice and most kids like her, including me. 

I walk up to her desk, "Yes?"

"I have a big favor to ask you," she clapped her hands together. I nodded. "Can you please tutor another student?"

"Sure," I smiled at her, I wonder who it will be this time.

She looked to the side of me, "Ash, he's having a bit of trouble in Math."

"I see, don't worry. I'll tutor him," I wonder how much help he needs in math. Is it as much help as I need in spanish, becuase I need a lot of help with that subject.

"Thank you so much," She turned back to face her computer as I walked back to my seat.