The Dark

~Naruto Age 3~

I was running, I had no other choice right now, if I fought back, then I would only prove them all right. Plus they're my hometown people, I couldn't bring myself to hurt them even if I wanted to.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I realized that they were gaining on me.

I kept running and running, I knew what would happen if I got caught, hell it happens everyday! I twisted through streets and the few people that were out at this time. It was almost midnight, not many people should be up right now.

I turned into an alleyway in hopes of losing them while twisting through the random turns. I didn't even know where I was going at this point, I was just going with the flow, hoping that I got lucky.

I knew that there was a chance that I would run into a dead end, but I didn't want to think about that.

Unfortunately, luck was not on my side.

I had turned into an alleyway that was dead-ended. I turned around to go back the other way, only to find that the villagers had already caught up to me and blocked my exit. I had nowhere to run. I was trapped.

They made sure to take their sweet time while they were having their "Fun". Once they finally decided to leave, I was lying in a pool of my own blood, barely hanging on to consciousness.

There were cuts and bruises all around my body. There wasn't a spot of skin that didn't have something on it, whether it was a bruise or a stain or blood or some other substance that I probably didn't want to know.

I was burned, some of the people had torches and decided to put them to more use, there were words that had been cut through my skin, and many other things they did. I knew that those words would scar, I would have those for the rest of my life.

I already had a ton of scars, but this only adds more. I could hardly stand to look at my body as it already was. But this would only make it worse.

Every time they caught me, they added more scars onto my body, almost like a reminder that I would never be seen as anything but a monster that killed hundreds.

I couldn't stand up, I was too weak.

I sat there for what seemed to be hours, just waiting for my strength to gather up again so I could move.

As I waited, the pain only seemed to get worse than it already was. After some time, I started to see black dots.

'Not again!' I thought urgently. The last time I had passed out, I was unconscious for about 3 days. No one really looked for me though, I was in one of the alleyways that people were hardly ever in, so no one came across me by accident. And even if they did, it wasn't like they would actually help me.

Jiji must have been too busy to try to find me, but then again, I do go missing for days, maybe weeks on end without notice, so maybe he wasn't actually nervous.

I tried to push the dots out of my vision, but more just seemed to appear. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't seem to stay awake.

Finally, I realized it was a fruitless attempt of stopping it. I finally let the darkness consume me, as I fell into what I thought would be a peaceful slumber.

—————
606 Words