Chapter Thirteen

Blood.

There's so much blood, soliders bodies covered in it. Screams fill your ears as you run, tripping over your dress and other things as you desperately try to get to your destination. In most cases you'd be shaken up by all of this, by all the fighting and bloodshed surrounding you but at the moment you weren't. No you had a mission. One that was more important than the current events unfolding around you.

'I've got to get to him....! Before it's too late.....!!'

Managing to avoid being struck down by the fighting men and fae around you, you'd finally made it towards the destination. The throne room. You didn't hesitate as you quickly pushed the large doors open. Swinging open you're greeted with a sight that makes your blood run cold. Your beloved husband, Malleus was cornered by your father who held an iron sword. Queen Maleficent was fighting through some soldiers to try and get to her grandson, but was unable to. You watched in horror as your father raised his sword, a wicked cruel look of hatred on his face. What had happened next was almost dreamlike. You didn't think, you only reacted. Your body moved on its own, faster than you ever thought you could ever move.

"FATHER NO-!"

You screamed, flinging yourself in front of your husband to protect him from the blow. You felt it before you truly processed it. Pain, ungodly pain exploded in your chest and a warm, wet sensation began to cover you. A sudden taste of copper filled your mouth, your eyes landed on your father who stared at you in shock and disbelief. His sword that was meant to take your beloved's life was now buried in your chest and shoulder. Malleus was behind you, his eyes wide with horror and grief.

"(Y-Y/N)!!!!!"

Malleus's shout rang out as you began to fall. Your husband caught you in his arms, your father stumbled backwards away from the two of you before he tried to run away. Unfortunately for him the queen had managed to escape her obstacles and quickly got rid of him in the most brutal way possible. Malleus held you close, having collapsed onto his knees as he cradled you to him. Your lungs burned and you were starting to feel numb. You felt a gentle touch on your cheek.

"Beloved please....! Stay awake.....!"

Malleus pleaded, sounding choked. You forced yourself to focus on him, desperate to see if he was hurt. To your relief Malleus was okay, you had protected him from your father. The dragon fae was fighting tears, his bright green eyes filled with pain. It broke your heart and you wanted nothing more than to take his pain away. But deep down you knew that you couldn't. You knew that you were dying, yet you didn't feel any fear. Just being in the arms of your love was enough for you. With a shaky smile you lifted your hand and gently cupped his cheek.

"Malleus.....my love.......I'm so glad you're safe......I'm.....I'm sorry for all this-"

You'd wheezed out before you were cut off.

"No! Don't talk like this! Don't.....don't talk to me like you're saying goodbye....."

Malleus breathed, heart breaking. You gave a shuddering breath, snuggling in his arms as you died. You were so tired.

"Malleus......? I......I love you......so much......forever....."

You breathed, your chest and bleeding starting to slow down. You were barely hanging on at this point but you wanted him to know. You wanted him to know how much you loved him before you go. You heard the broken sob from your love.

"I love you as well my beloved......forever and always....."

Malleus spoke softly, his voice cracking. You gave him one last smile and slowly started to drift away, content with dying in his arms. Malleus's voice began to fade away as he pleaded you to stay with him.