Chapter 5

Hey guys. It's been so long but I finally finished. Enjoy.

-----------------

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

― Oscar Wilde

************

Jacob Down's office was pretty normal. And by normal I mean, desk, papers, desktop computer and all that. It was a bit messy with papers everywhere. The bin was overflowing with scrunched up papers and there were two empty cups of coffee on the table. I was so nervous because I didn't know what I had done wrong. What had Dan told Jacob? Did he hate me that much? I was going to get kicked out for sure.

"Yvonne!" Jacob said loudly. I looked at him with a very confused face. "I said you could have a seat."

I sat down quickly avoiding eye contact. This wasn't going good so far. I was getting kicked out for sure.

"We have a problem," Josh's dad said.

I was so sure I was getting kicked out and I was so sad and nervous that it was like all my emotions spilled out of my mouth. "I am really sorry. If this is about not wearing black, I'm really sorry. You see, I wasn't listening when Dan made that speech because I was distracted by something, more like someone. Anyways, I'm really sorry. I promise I will always listen-"

"Yvonne, this isn't about your choice of clothes." I was still nervous.

"I know this is about how I made Dan mad twice but, to be honest. I really wasn't listening. I was distracted and I didn't mean to not listen to him."

"Would you care to actually tell me what it was that distracted you?" When Jacob Down said this, I heard a snicker. I looked behind to see Josh. I hadn't noticed when he came into the room. He was leaning on the wall behind me with his arms crosse over his chest. He looked so hot when he did that. I couldn't help but stare. Jacob cleared his throat and my cheeks went bright red as I suddenly turned my attention back to Josh's dad. Josh was laughing louder at my embarrassment. Did I mention how much I hate that irresistible boy? "This isn't about your current relationship with Dan? It's about your dancing."

I choked when he said that. "M-my d-d-dancing," I stuttered, "w-what's wrong with my dancing?"

"Now don't panic Yvonne," Jacob said, "the problem with your dancing is..." He paused when he noticed the look on my face. I probably looked like I was about to cry. Was I that bad? I just beat Dan for heavens sake! Did he miss that????!!!!! Oh no!!!! This couldn't be happening. If I got kicked out, I don't know what I would do. "The problem with your dancing," Jacob repeated

"Is that you're just too good." It was Josh who spoke this time. I turned to him. The look on my face was probably a shocked one.

"What?" I asked. "How is that a problem?"

"You know most people just say "oh thanks, you really think I'm a good dancer"." I saw that Josh was joking because of the smile playing on those gorgeous lips of his. If I was my normal self I would have smiled back but I wasn't the normal Yvonne. I was 'crazy, freaked out Yvonne'. Was this some kind of joke? I half expected Dan to pop up from behind the desk shouting "gotcha".

"The problem, Yvonne," Jacob continued, "is that you can't be a background dancer."

When he said this, I collapsed on the inside. "What?" I croaked. I was on the verge of tears.

"No, Yvonne. Don't take this the wrong way. You're a really good dancer. We have been watching you over the last few days and you have that extra shine when you dance." I wondered who he meant when he said 'we'. "That's why, Yvonne," he continued, "I'm offering you the opportunity to dance along Josh as a co-star."