Chapter 22

Hi everyone. It's me Tega. It's been really long hasn't it? And I apologise because I had so much school work but I will try to be constant in updates because this story will soon be over. Anyways no much talk. I'll introduce the person who plays Haley in the end. xxx Tegacha :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."  

― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan (A/N: this quote is so sad. And in some ways, this chapter is kinda sad as well.) 

Josh's POV 

"Yes, Kayla." I said robotically as I balanced the phone between my ear and shoulder and tuned my guitar at the same time. "No, I'm listening." "No I'm not ignoring you. You were just talking about our two year anniversary, ignoring the fact that we're mostly on and off." "No I'm not being sarcastic." I kept tuning my guitar and then strummed a few chords. "Yeah I think a dinner in a fancy restaurant and then a movie would be great." Dm chord, G chord. "Yeah I'm listening. So Saturday? Yeah that's great. K. Till then. Yeah love you too."  

I put down my phone and thanked God, Budha, Mohammed etc for this moment of peace. Without Kayla bugging me or telling me how much she loved me which everyone knew was a fake. 

I just wanted sometime to play my guitar and think. 

Think. Think about my messy life. About sorting out myself. About Vonnie. About Kissing Vonnie. My memories of kissing Vonnie came flooding back. Her lips against mine. Her soft, frizzy hair. Her smile. Her brown eyes. God there was no denying it. I was in love. 

The only problem was that I was too chicken to admit it to Kayla. I was even too chicken to admit it to myself. At least until I kissed her in the hallway. When she told me she wasn't going to be my rebound girl. I realized how close I was to losing her. I had to sort out myself and tell her I did love her. 

But I had a girlfriend. 

I strummed more chords on my guitar instead so I could forget about my messed up life for a second. 

'You're a falling star, You're the get away car.  

You're the line in the sand when I go too far.  

You're the swimming pool, on an August day.  

And you're the perfect thing to say. 

And you play it coy, But it's kinda cute.  

Ah, When you smile at me you know exactly what you do.  

Baby don't pretend, that you don't know it's true.  

Cause you can see it when I look at you. 

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times  

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.  

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything. 

You're a carousel, you're a wishing well,  

And you light me up, when you ring my bell.  

You're a mystery, you're from outer space,  

You're every minute of my everyday.' 

I stopped singing though when the lyrics stop suiting my life.