07. ShadySide Killers

CHAPTER SEVEN
( « shadyside killers » )

WE'RE ALL AT Deena and Josh's house, confused about what we just saw

WE'RE ALL AT Deena and Josh's house, confused about what we just saw. I don't know who that girl was, but I know for a fact that no one gets right back up after being shot three times.

"It doesn't make any sense. It's...it's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her" Sam explained and Simon closes the curtains.

"Amazing observation" Kate sarcastically said.

"Who the hell was that" Deena walks up to Simon.

"How the hell should I know? She- ju- I don't- she was hot! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal" Simon exclaimed. No gonna lie, I got a little jealous when he said that.

"Yeah well, I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood" I said.

"Well she was hot and normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade" Simon said and Josh looked up at him.

"Wait. Wait... A razor?" Josh asked.

"Yeah, for like old-timey shaving, or in this case, I guess, slitting her—"

"Wrist. She slashed her wrist" Josh cut Simon off, and we all looked at him. Wow everyone just cuts Simon off.

"Was she singing something? Wa-was she singing a song, like an oldie..like and oldie song"

"Jesus, Rain Man. How the fuck do you know that" Simon calmly asked.

"Follow me" He said, and we all followed Josh to a room. We all kneeled down to the coffee table and Josh ripped a newspaper off the wall, and put it on the table.

"This is Ruby Lane. The girl who attacked you" Josh said.

"Holy shit" Simon said.

"She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists" Josh explained.

"Jesus. Yeah, why didn't I see this on the news" Kate asked.

"Because it happened thirty years ago. 1965" He said, and got up to grab more newspapers of the wall.

"Ruby is one of ShadySide's killers, just like Skull Mask. I mean Ryan Torres. Look, 1978. Sixteen years ago. Masked psycho murders kids at—"

"Camp NightWing" Kate cut off Josh. "Yeah, my mom's sister was there. Screwed my family up for a long time"

"I swear I saw a picture of my mom and another girl when they were younger" I said.

"1950, Harry Rooker, local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives" Josh continues.

"1935, Humphrey Dumpty killer"

"1922, Billy Barker"

"1904, Grifter guys girls, and on and on. It happens in ShadySide over and over. Normal people turn into psychos"

"Jesus. Look at this guy" Simon says, looking at a guy with his eyes cut out.

"That's the paster, Cyrus Miller. 1666. He was the first one recorded. He, um...killed kids and cut out their eyes" Josh explained. Sam got up and went to the kitchen and Deena followed her.

"None of this is random" Josh said as he slammed down a newspaper with a picture of a girl hanging from s tree. "It's Sarah Fier. She's turning ShadySiders into killers"

"Do you really believe that? I mean no one actually thinks that this witch shit is real" I said.

"Yeah, it's something babysitters make up to scare kids" Simon exclaimed.

"No, no. Just listen to me. 1666, Sarah Fier was hanged for witchcraft, fact. But ever since she was executed, she's been possessing people, turning them into killers, to take revenge on the town" Josh explained.

"It's like the nursery rhyme" Simon said.

"Yeah. Yeah" Josh said.

"Before the witch's final breath, she found a way to cheat her death. By cutting off her cursed hand, she kept a grip upon our land. She reaches from beyond the grave, to make good men her wicked slaves" I recite the rhyme.

"Yes, exactly. Don't you see what's happening to us? This is all proof. ShadySide isn't just some hotbed for psychos. All these massacres are connected to Sarah Fier. The witch's curse is real" Josh explained.

"Fine. Let's assume that the witch has been possessing people for some sort of messed-up vendetta. This isn't the same as the mall massacre. Something different is happening to us. Something way worse" Kate exclaims.

"Ok, we have two of her killers after us and both of them are dead. Why is she so mad at us"

"I saw her. Last night, I don't... I don't know, you know, I-I thought I hit my head... It was...it was her. I saw the witch" Sam explained when she walked back into the room with Deena.

AUTHOR'S NOTE ❀❤︎
Hi there! I was gonna finish and post this episode earlier, but then I fell asleep and I just woke up about an hour ago and I decided to finish it.

~ DoDo ❤️‍🩹 7/23/2021