The green dress

The next morning I was ready, on time, and managed not to wake my poor friends. I was stressed of course, it's the job I always dreamed of but I try to relax and I ring at the address indicated. It's the "teeth guy" who opens the door "Ah you... Quickly, come on!" I walked in and gagged completely, it was gorgeous with dresses and outfits on the stairs! He takes me to a kind of huge work room! People create designs and outfits, there are fabrics and sketch everywhere! I continued my observation until I heard "teeth guy" cry out "Silence!" I see everyone turn around so I do the same, the Baroness is at the top of the stairs, very charismatic.

She looks around the room and stares at me for a moment then she speaks, "My last show was a triumph. Shall i read to you from the Tattletale?" She takes the newspaper and position her glasses to read the article. "Baroness designs stunned with her reinvention of the A-line with a bias cut higher line that-" A bodyguard coughs and the baroness stops, I really thought she was about to kill him but she continues. "...reshapes the silhouette in such an audacious way, the audience broke into rapturous applause at the first sight. She really is a genius." She turns her head slightly to look at the crowd and meets my gaze once again.

"I'll read that bit again, shall I?" she bangs the paper with her glasses with every word. "She really is, a genius. A triumph. Take a moment to revel in it." She closes her eyes and inhales deeply, a lot of people next to me are doing the same. After not even 10 seconds she throws the newspaper behind her "Oh that's enough. New show, we must be perfect. Now go." Everyone rushes to their workstation and "Teeth guy" tells me what to do "Grab a mannequin, some fabric, and throw something together. The Baroness needs looks." "Looks, right." I immediately have an idea and I'm going to search a green fabric, I was proud of my creation.

Then we were all asked to line up with our dresses while waiting for the baroness. When she finally comes down, she walks among the creations and plays with a razor blade. And she's not very satisfied "it's foolish... Unhinged... Well, you're fired" Oh shit "Pasty, pasty, pasty." She arrives in front of my outfit and looks at it thinking "Hmm" she unfolds her blade and cuts a piece of fabric. I was going to replace the dress a bit but she cuts on the other side too and touches my hand. "Ouch" i gasp. She keeps looking at the dress "Why are you speaking?" I look at my arm, it was bleeding "I think you nicked me."

Then she takes my arm and looks at the wound, she observes and turns to a group of people in white "Fabrics! Can you get me a red like that?" at the end of her sentence people leave quickly. I was glad she touched my arm and loved my... blood color? She looks a little more at my arm then deep into my eyes, I have never been so close to her and inside I was so impressed. She let go of my arm and moved closer to me to whisper something "My office, in 5 minutes." and she leaves. Am I about to get fired? No, she seemed to like what I did but maybe I wasn't supposed to get cut, I don't know, I'm stressed !

5 minutes later I go up to the Baroness's office and knock on the door. She waved me to enter "23 seconds late, that's good." I frown "Did you timed me?" "I like when my employees are on time. Sit." I sit in front of her desk and she comes to sit on the chair next to mine "Arm, now." I extend my arm and she takes it with one hand, she looks up to meet my gaze. I take the opportunity to stare at her, she's kinda breathtaking you know. "I'm going to be very clear. I'm not doing this because I care about you, which I don't. I'm doing it because I don't want blood on my tissues and I don't need more problems."

I enjoying her voice so much that I almost forget to answer, "Oh okay I understand but, what problems if it's not intrusive?" She stops inspecting my arm to look at me again. "I don't have all of my outfits for the next show yet. That's always the problem." I chuckle a little "You're not very patient, aren't you?" She raises her eyebrows still looking at me "sorry" I say with a small voice. I hadn't seen that she had a bottle of I don't know what but she spills a little on my wound. "Ouch!" She watches back at me "And you are not very robust, are you?" Oh shit i upset her.

"It's just that it stings" She laughs a little "Of course, it's alcohol." She gets up and goes to get a small bandage. She then comes back to my side and delicately sticks the bandage on my wound. "That's all little girl, now go back to work." I love how she gives me nicknames. Before I close the door behind me, I want to thank her "Thank you for that and for the job!" She goes back to the other side of her desk "Don't make me regret hiring you and draw me something pretty." I smile and nod quickly then I close the door and go to draw a new dress.

Let me be honest if she cuts me, I'll just be grateful. I think you all understood what scene I wanted to talk about! It was in the trailer as well. The next chapter is coming quickly!

-Djedje <3