Chapter 8 || Unfolding

Your POV

"Agatha? Now that's a weird name," I scoff, glaring up at the purple-powered witch.

She only cocks her head to the side with a sly grin, "Well, well. If it isn't the real Y/N Stark. Alive and in the flesh. Sorry I have to cut your reunion short but Wanda has something I want."

Something she wants? What does she want?

"You're wrong about me! I am not who you think I am," my little Sokovian snarls as she goes to charge at Agatha. They fight back and forth, leaving me to sigh as I lean on my knees.

"Really should've worked out more before this, Jesus."

I follow them until I reach Wanda in the town square, Agatha disappearing and reappearing above us.

"Wanda, you've never been up against another witch before. Did you know there's an entire chapter devoted to you in the Darkhold? That's the book of the damned. 'The Scarlet Witch is not born, she is forged. She has no coven, no need for incantation.'"

A dark, orange glowing book appears in front of Agatha as she reads from it.

"I'm not a witch. I don't cast spells. No one taught me magic!"

I watch as Wanda's veins nearly burst from her neck, eyes wide with anger. What's gotten into her. And what the hell is this about a Scarlet Witch? And spells? I think I missed a couple episodes...

"Your power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. It's your destiny to destroy the world."

My eyes cast over to Agatha, then revert back to Wanda who's violently shaking her head, denying everything to the witch.

"I'm not what you say I am."

My gaze lands on her decayed looking hand. I gently touch the skin, feeling it being dry and brittle. Wanda jolts at the contact but notices my worry, grabbing my hand with her grey one. When we lock eyes, hers are soft, reassuring.

"I have this under control." She says to me telepathically, leaving me with a trusting grin.

"I know you do."

"Oh really?" Agatha brings us back into the encounter, then begins chanting in latin as purple energy emits from her grasp, pointing outwards.

I look around in confusion, then notice a blonde woman smiling, then stopping dead in her tracks as the veins in her head glow along with her eyes for a moment before disappearing. She drops her smile and finds Wanda in the middle of town, breathing heavily.

"Wanda," I tap her arm, pointing at the blonde woman. She follows my gaze and frowns.

"Wanda?"

"Dottie?"

"My name is Sarah. I have a daughter. She's eight. Maybe she could be friends with your boys. If you like that storyline. Or, uh, the school bully, even. Really, anything. If you could just let her out of her room. If I could just hold her, please."

As the woman begs for Wanda's mercy, I notice my girlfriend's eyes watering up in realization. Her body tenses as she walks closer, tilting her head with her mouth opening in shock seeing the woman this terrified and pained because of Wanda's doings lately.

She snaps her head up towards Agatha and seethes, "What are you doing to her? You're making her say this."

"She's your meat puppet, I just cut her strings."

That ignites a fire in me. My eyes blaze over as I start to hover in the air, preparing to launch myself at the woman but I feel a soft hand grip mine quickly, squeezing it. Glancing down, Wanda tilts her head up at me with tears prickling at her greens.