ELEVEN ; truth will out

not proofread lol

Despite the beautiful view of the dark blue waves and the yellow-tinted, thin detached clouds in the sky, Sydney couldn't take her eyes off of the boy next to her. While the quivering reflection of the sun on the water was eye-catching, Gilbert was heart-stopping.

His pale skin looked golden, the soot smeared on his face couldn't even distract from Gilbert's beauty.

Sydney remembered that day like it had just happened a few minutes ago. She thinks that moment would be ingrained in her mind forever, mot that she complaining. She remembered how ethereal and delicate Gilbert looked when they sat together on a rooftop, overlooking New York City.

The soft smile on Gilbert's face sent butterflies to her stomach, their little wings fluttering around, a tickling feeling blooming.

"It's hard to believe that I'm going to be living with you." Gilbert chuckled and shook his head, never once taking his eyes off the swaying ocean.

Syd's head cocked to and a playful pout appeared on her face along with squinted eyes. "I'm not really sure how I should take that."

Syd laughed and shook her head, turning her head to the ocean just as Gilbert turned to admire his friend.

He stared deeply at Syd, looking him up and down closely. Gilbert found himself doing that a lot ever since that day when their futures were decided. He also started noticing things that he hadn't even thought much of before.

Like how Syd always furiously blushed and looked away when he and Bash took their shirts or pants off to get changed.

Gilbert always just thought he might be gay.

But the fact that Syd always either hid away in some random room or waited until everyone left to change combined with what Gilbert had felt the other day, his suspicion was quickly rising.

He remembered back to when they first met, and quite literally bumped into each other. Gilbert thought Syd was just a very pretty boy, sure he looked a bit feminine, well 'a bit' was generous, but Gilbert never thought anything of it. Until now. Syd Salem is pretty, too pretty.

"I mean it in a good way." When Syd raised one eyebrow, Gilbert quickly put his hands up in surrender and said, "Promise!"

They both chuckled quietly, almost too enthralled with each other to be any louder, their minds too focused on other things.

"I can't wait to go back to school." Sydney sighed dreamily, her eyes sparkling. Gilbert had noticed that too. When Syd got excited about whatever he was talking about, he would look off into space and flail her hands around to express the overwhelming emotions that not even her million miles per hour talking pace could express. "I know you told me about your monotonous teacher but, ughhh. I can just hear the beautiful words of Wuthering Heights and Emma."

Syd sighed profoundly, "Emma is such a beautiful name, don't you think?" Before Gilbert could respond, Syd continued talking. "I think if I ever have a daughter, I will definitely name her 'Emma'."

A sudden cool breeze brushed past them. Gilbert watched mesmerized as Syd tucked her silky hair behind her ear to keep it from blowing in her face.

Her cheeks were pinched with light shades of pink, the tip of her nose too and the reddened freckles spotted around randomly. Syd looked angelic.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, Gilbert gives a nervous chuckle and rambles to compose himself. "Trust me, you won't be a bit disappointed with the readings in Avonlea. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Phillips is dreadfully bland, and most kids in class aren't the most poetic but when Anne reads..." Gilbert chuckled at the memory of Anne Shirley-Cuthbert standing up and reading dramatically, loud enough to be heard from Australia. "It could bring color to even the dullest of days."