Fifteen

Cruel.

willfully causing pain or suffering to others, or feeling no concern about it

He was afraid this would happen. Afraid that people will hate Changbin.

People are so fucking cruel.

"I don't want to go out anymore. There's nothing for me out there."

"You knew the risks of this. But,,, don't worry. I'm here for you... I'll protect you."

——
Humans are cruel and merciless. They like to see others fail and be in pain.

That's what they like to see happen to Changbin.

They love to see those who torment him and make him feel less powerful and less human.

"Chan can do so much better"

"Fucking poor boy. He's probably just using him."

"Gold digger."

Changbin covers his ears as he quickly walks away from the people that pass by him and say rude things.

The music that was playing in his earbuds becoming the only sound. And even though it worked, he couldn't do anything about the stares and looks.

He wanted to cry. He wanted Chan here with him.

Changbin got startled as his earbuds started ringing, notifying him that someone was calling.

He pulls out his phone, nonstop walking, and checks the caller.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby, where are you?"

Changbin felt relieved to hear Chan's voice.

"I'm close. Just turning the corner."

As he did, he saw the tall building of Miroh Magazine. And out in the front entrance, there stood Chan looking around for the younger.

Hanging up and running into his arms. And he didn't even know that he started to cry uncontrollably.

It startled Chan and he quickly hugged the other, tightly.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Chan asks as he leads them into the building.

Changbin couldn't answer. Just sobs breaking out more.

They reached Chan's office. Having the privacy to themselves.

Chan placed Changbin on his lap and let the other tire himself out.

Changbin ended up letting out dry sobs. Soon quieting down and staring off at the wall.

"Tired?" Chan asks as he pets the others head. Changbin nods, still looking out in the distance.

"I don't want to go out anymore. There's nothing for me out there."

Chan furrowed his brows as Changbin said those words.

He knew people can be cruel. But he didn't think they'd be so cruel to make Changbin stay home and never come out.

"You knew the risks of this. But,,, don't worry. I'm here for you... I'll protect you."

Changbin snuggles closer. Inhaling the intoxicating scent of Chan's.

"Will it always be like this?"

Chan exhales deeply.

"Yes. But it'll work. I'll make it work."

Chan couldn't believe how cruel the rich were.