Part 11 - Shadows Revealed

"Yesterday is gone, faster than the blast of a car bomb"

It was the end of the school year. The gang had made it through high school. They graduated. But they didn't know what to do for the summer, besides hang out. It was a sunny day in East Harrington, as Star brought Zim to her house. "Hey mom!" "Hi! What's up?" "This is my boyfriend, Zim. I wanted to introduce him to you." "Oh, well hello! I'm Dr. Newman." "Hello. We were wondering if Star could hang out with me at my house for the day?" "Oh sure! Do you guys need a ride?" "No, we have the Voot." "Eh, it might be risky flying that during the day. You might want to just take my car." "Ok." "Be careful though. Star, I trust you. You can use my car until you get the money to buy your own. Be back by 10!" "Ok! Thanks mom!" She headed out towards the car. "Zim, I might need to talk to you. I've heard not so great things about you." He looked a little embarassed. "I promise I will take care of her. I was..a little crazy before, but I've changed! I promise. She means everything to me. I can do this." She looked at him. "Ok. But if you get into anymore situations, you need to promise to protect her at all costs. I don't want the Guard catching her. If you and her get caught, you'll probably be sent to space prison, and they will try to perform awful experiments on her. A human turned Irken isn't exactly normal." He nodded nervously. "I promise." "Good. Now go on. She's waiting for you." "Ok, bye." "Bye! Nice meeting you!" "You too!" He said as he got in the car. "Alright, let's go!" As they were driving, they were talking. "What did she talk to you about?" He was a little worried. "I don't know if I should tell you." "Come on, I'm your girlfriend, you can tell me." "I'm...wanted in space jail. And if we get caught, they will try to experiment on you." She was worried now. "We might want to stay undercover then. You know, I was thinking..." She sighed. "We know we both don't belong here. What if you and me just...left? We could go out into the galaxy and look for a new place! For both of us. Together forever." "I wouldn't be completely opposed to that. We could build a portal that could teleport us places. If that dosen't work, I can just fly out to different planets and let you know if I find anything." "Wait, why can't I come with you?" "You could get caught! Or hurt!" "So could you!" "Well, your mom told me to protect you at all costs. That's what I'm doing." She sighed. "Well, I can protect myself, but yeah, you could be right. I'll play it safe. We'll try the portal first though." "Ok."

About an hour later, they got to his base. "Welcome home son!" The Robo-Parents said. "Uh, what are those things?" "They are the Robo-Parents. They take care of people at the door when I'm busy in my base." "Why are they so...weird though?" "I'm not sure. I've never figured that out." Robo-Mom picked up Star. "AAH!" She yelled. "WHO IS THIS?!" "PUT HER DOWN! She's my girlfriend!" She put her down. "Aww, I approve." The Robo-Dad said. "Go away! BOTH OF YOU!" They went back in their holding place. "What on Earth was that?!" "I don't know, I need to fix them." "Yeah. So are those to fill in when you're actual parents aren't here?" He sighed. "I don't have parents. Few Irkens do, but most Irkens are cloned." "Oh...I didn't know. Sorry." "It's fine, you wouldn't have known." "Yeah, let's go ahead and head down to your base." She looked around. "How do you get to your base?" "Through the trash can." She laughed. "Oh wait, you're serious?" "Yeah..?" "Ok..then." She giggled. "Yeah, maybe I should put in an elevator instead." "No, I think the trash can is funny." "Ok then." He smiled. They went down, and got to work. After about an hour, they hadn't gotten very far. "Hmm, this is a lot harder than I thought it would be." "Yeah, let's ask Dib and Bel for help! They are right down the street, right?" "Yeah, sure." They called them over.

"Wait, why are you trying to build a portal again?" Dib asked. "We are um...going to try to find a new planet to live on." "What!? You're leaving?!" Bel said. "Yes...look, we both don't belong here! There is the entire galaxy to explore!" "Star, trust me, I've been around, there isn't much to see! You're my best friend, I want you here with me!" She sighed. "Well we don't want to be here anymore." "Well, what if you're caught by the Guard?" "We'll be fine. We'll even visit sometimes. You just need to trust us." Bel sighed. "Fine, I trust you for now." She was a little angry. "Fine. For now." They worked for about an hour, until the portal started up. "Woah! We did it!" "Yeah! Let's see where it's going." Zim looked on his monitor, but his face instantly changed. "Oh no.." "What's wrong?!" "It's not going to other planets! It's going to other TIMELINES!" "WHAT?! LIKE DIFFERENT UNIVERSES?!" "YES! TURN IT OFF!" Bel tried pulling the leaver, but it wouldn't budge. The portal was making loud noises. "IT'S NOT WORKING!!" Suddenly, someone came out of the portal and faceplanted on the ground. The lever fell down, making Bel fall over. She quickly stood up as the portal turned off.