Swings and Roundabouts |3

Jane's pov

Messages

Can we call now?

Definitely

Incoming call from 🖤Ranboo🤍...

"Hey boo."
"Hey J."
"One second let me get my airpods."
"Ok."
"I've got them in."
"I'm sorry about earlier."
"Its fine it wasn't your fault."
"Did you know they're massively overprotective?"
"No. I just thought they managed anyone I talk to outside them."
"Wow."
"Well we grew up together and they saw the amounts of trsding I've always gotten for only having guy freinds and then a few guys using me for dares."
"Wow. I'm sorry."
"no need to be."
"Jane! I'm going bed do the chores on the fridge." My mum screemed.
"Ok mum."
"So do you have any girl freinds at all."
"Mainly just connie. But she lives in Hove and isn't up here much. Mainly just to see jonah and I don't fancy third wheeling."
"Oh. Well I'd introduce you to niki too."
"Sounds like a blast."
"Jane who are you talking too?" My mum scolded.
"Umm. Freddie?"
"Alright. Don't be loud."
"Night mum."
"Sure."
"Your mum is what they call in the business, a bitch."
"I know."

I look at the list:
Washing up
Drying up
Laundry
Vacuum
Mow lawns

"What the fuck? She wants me to mow the lawns. It's 11 at night"
"Just don't do it until the morning."
"But mother needs it done tonight. You know what I'll just rub it off so she'll forget."
"That's the spirit."

*-------*
M

y mum finally let me leave for my dad's at 1pm. I was again on call with ranboo as I walked across the city.
"So we manly speak about me how about you."
"What do you want to know?"
"Everything."
"So I live with my mums and sister. My surrogate dad also lives here.  I loved streams and just started one day. It was the best desion of my life. It introduced me to my two best freinds and you."
"Well I. Happy you did too. Honestly I'm over the moon."
"Yeah. Honestly chat is so good and the art they make is so good and creative. They take my stupid skin and make it wonderful."
Then she showed up. Izzabella.
"Hey Jane."
"Hi Izzabella."
"How's your streaming? I heard your dating some American dude but I thought you were with  Connar B until like thr other week. Proper slut move."
I hung up thr call quick.
"Well says you who has ,what, 4 guys on the go?"
"Oh really. Ill tell your mother."
"Are you 3 yrars old?"
"No. Your just an angry whore."
"I can't be arsed with you today."
"Well maybe tweet about your favorite person, me, and I won't tell your mum about your sexuality or rumoured boyfriend."
"No why would I?"
"Sure." She pulled out her phone and typed something as I just walked off.

*-------*

Ranboo's pov

-proper slut move."
Who is that? And who gives her the right to talk about Jane like that?
The phone cut silent signalling she hung up. I frantically try and call her back to no success.
I begin pacing the hallway before heading downstairs and scoffing down food in the kitchen. It's my stress mechanism.
"What is this?" Nancy jokes standing in the doorway.
"Cake? Want some?"
"No. You know what I mean."
"Um- how do you know if you like someone?"
"Oooh Louis got a crush."
"Shut up. Please just."
"Ok are they attractive?"
"A million times."
"And do you see any chance of being with them?"
"Maybe but it'll be hard. She lives in Britain."
"All relationships are hard but try and talk to her. If she's willing take a try."

*-------*

I got through the door at home and just broke down with tears. I heard my dad's footsteps run towards me.
"Janey. What's wrong?"
"Can I stay with you full time?"
"Sure. Sure. I'll just need to make sure your mum knows she can't do anything."
"Thanks dad. I love you."
"I love you too."
"You can go upstairs if you want."
"Thanks dad."
I went upstairs and returned the 10 missed calls from Ranboo.

*--------*

"Hey I'm sorry about before. I saw someone and I thought you'd hate what they were saying."

"Whats that supposed to mean?"
"She's just a bitch."

"Can you watch it Crowd with me?"
"I dont think I can."
"Its easy just use a van and change your location to Britain. Then it's on Netflix."
"One second let me get it up." She did the same. "Ok I've got it. Do you want to do facetime?"
"Yeah sure. You got your disguise on?" She clicked on her camra button. Then his came on. He wasn't wearing the mask or glasses so she could see his grey eyes that could go on forever and perfect features.

"I'm flattered."
"Why?"
"Your staring and blushing now."
"Am not."
"Am too."
"Forget it let's just watch it." We watched about 5 episodes before I had to go for dinner and ranboo for Tubbo's stream.
I never thought I'd say this but I'm jealous of him. The two are basically a perfect match. I know they aren't together but he gets to be the beloved's beloved.

Over my dinner of fish and chips, me and dad spoke about all the new possibilities and greatness of being just us two. Already I had hundreds of angry texts from my mother about not wanting to go back. Ever.

Swings and roundabouts I guess