82 | Harry - Waiting

It's so
No way to the finish line
Got a hard road ahead

It's soNo way to the finish lineGot a hard road ahead

Passing time.

The seconds on the clock tick away as my leg bounces up and down nervously. It's so vigorous that you can feel it shaking the ground, I don't mean for it to be that way.

It's too loud. I can hear the clock in the corner of the room, and it's making me go insane. Every short tick that sounds is just another reminder that I let Zayn go on his own.

Tick.

Another reminder that he's running into danger he can't fight off, just to help me. He doesn't know what could happen, he just wants to try and make sure I don't die... but what if something happens to him?

Tick.

The bounce of my leg, my thigh brushing against Indiana's own every time it moves up and down. The small touch that would normally calm me, only made me more frigid.

It feels like a foreign object, almost even as if it's a shock every time I feel it. A wave of mixed emotions soars through my body at the moment of the touch. Confusion, anger, sadness.

Love.

Tick.

The world is in slow motion. Even the sounds have become a swoosh that longs instead of the split second it actually sounds. The movements of my body drag out as if it takes hours just to move a finger.

I didn't know if I wanted it to move faster or slower. I wanted to hold onto the time I had with the ones I loved, but I couldn't sit here and stir anymore. It was a split decision in my mind, that I couldn't choose between.

Tick.

Another pass of the time, another second, another minute of waiting. The waiting game of when the news will break. When I'll have to go fight to keep what I love.

When I have to give it up.

Tick.

Time. Too much time.

Too much time has passed.

"Goodbye, Zayn." I gave him the smallest smile I could, trying my hardest to show him how much I worried.

Seeing him stand by the car, like he was ready to give it all up for our protection, hurt. I knew what Zayn was like, and I just wished he knew how much we cared about him too.

The frown underneath the smile he tried to show felt like a lie all around. He was trying to pretend like everything was fine, but I could tell deep down it wasn't.

Nothing was fine. Ever.

"See you later." The three words muttered from his mouth, bringing a genuine smile to my face. He doesn't say goodbye unless he means it.