epilogue

Macy Isla Hunter was about as normal as a teenage girl could be

Macy Isla Hunter was about as normal as a teenage girl could be. Granted, she was living a dull, boring life, but it was normal none the less. She had managed to survive her first couple weeks at William McKinley High School without being slushied by anyone, maintained a great relationship with her family, kept her grades at a B average and she hadn't been coerced into joining any extra curricular activities.

Macy was lucky, in a sense. By living a boring life she hadn't attracted anyone's attention; meaning that while yes, she had no friends, she hadn't made any enemies. The only person she had spoken to longer than a simple 'where's the science labs?' was Brittany, a sophomore cheerleader who asked to cheat off her Spanish test, and that short friendship ended there.

Macy was never the stand out, confident, showy offy type, and that's what made her... well her. She never had the need to be. Her older brother Luka being the hotshot performer he was, her younger brother needing some assistance wherever the family went as most Americans didn't know ASL, and her 'friends' at Crawford Country Day were too obsessed with the Warblers and their singing talent to bother noticing. So, the only real friends she had ever had was her brothers and her cousin, but they she in Australia and they only saw each other once every four years when her family earns enough money to travel over.

Granted, she had her moments. Moment where she would suddenly gain a new confidence and try something new, but that mainly ended up in an injury or one of those online humiliations that you would see drive people insane on Dr Phil.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Macy stood at her locker, packing away her books before someone tried to swoop in and take her notes from class when a short, browned haired girl with obnoxious smile came towards her.

"Hi! Your Luka Hunter's sister, yes?" The girl asked sticking her hand out for a shake, which was hesitantly reciprocated by the other girl.

Macy nodded as she shut her locker and looked at the clock hanging on the wall, checking how long it would be before she could leave without it being taken as rude.

"Great!" The short girl exclaimed. "I'm Rachel Berry, you've probably heard of me." Noticing the other girl didn't seem to have any idea who she was, Rachel shook her head and kept talking, "Anyways, I did the school musical with him when I was a freshman, granted I wasn't the lead and he was, but I knew him regardless."

The Hunter girl nodded again and fiddled with her backpack strap hanging off her shoulder as Rachel continued to loudly speak to her, "I heard him talking about your singing, and I think you would be the perfect person to join the Glee Club and sing backup for Finn and I!"

Macy's eyes widened at the mention of the club that would ultimately cause her social suicide and shook her head with a polite smile, "um. No thanks, Rachel. I don't sing infront of other people, plus I'm new and I just want to get used to everything first."

Macy turned to walk away when Rachel grabbed her hand, "please. Think about it at least."

Macy hesitated before noticing Noah Puckerman walking towards them with a slushie in his hand, causing her to shake her head and quickly walk away, feeling guilty as she heard the slushie hit Rachel's face.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

Macy sat in the back corner of the Spanish classroom, listening to Mr Schuester drone on and on about a subject he obviously had no knowledge about. She had spent the majority of the period trying not to hate the man too much, and avoid the lingering gaze of Finn Hudson, who apparently had no shame in staring at the girl while his girlfriend was in the room.

Brittany leant backwards on her chair as Mr Schue was turned around and leant her body weight on Macy's table. She smiled at the brunette girl before placing her empty test on her desk, "I don't get it."

Macy smiled at the girl, still feeling Finn's gaze on her, and grabbed her pen writing Brittany's name at the top of the blank test. She leant forward and whispered towards the confused blonde girl, "these first few answers are on the walls. See over there is the different cities, which is number 3, and the food is over there, so that's number 6." Brittany nodded and quickly copied the information from the posters around the room, before Macy handed her the answers to the harder questions.

The bell went off soon after, causing Brittany to send the girl a quick thanks before following Quinn out the door. As Macy packed her stuff into her hand me down blue backpack, Finn Hudson came up to her desk, causing her to jump in fright.

"Oh god, I'm sorry." He said as he smiled lightly at the shaken girl, who hurried even quicker to put her stuff away. "I just wanted to apologise for Rachel earlier, and Puck I guess."

Macy glanced up at the boy, slowing down her packing up as the last people left the room leaving the two of them in there alone. "Why are your apologising? You didn't do anything to me, and neither did Rachel or that Puck guy," she said softly.

"I know, it's just Rachel was a bit more energetic than she should have been, and Puck obviously scared you cause you ran away as soon as he came near you." The boy said sheepishly to the girl as he opened the door for them letting them out of the classroom and into the hallway.

Ignroing the fact that the boy had obviously been watching her all day, she replied. "I wasn't scared, not really, I just didn't bring any spare clothes and Rachel was fine, just a little excited is all." The girl stopped walking causing Finn to stand infront of her with a confused face, "look, Finn. I'm sure Glee Club is fun and all, but I'm not going to join. No offence but it's social suicide, and I have had enough embarrassment at my old school to last me a lifetime, I don't need a photo of me with slushie dripping down my face all over Facebook."

Finn sighed and smiled softly, "yeah, I get that. Just, think about it okay? What about you just watch the pep rally tomorrow and maybe make a decision after that?"

Macy sighed, internally knowing she was never going to join, but nodding her head to make the tall boy go away before Quinn came and did something to her.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

The next day, Macy sat unwillingly at the pep rally after Brittany had dragged her there after Spanish and said she needed to watch because of school spirit. The blonde had ditched her though, and left her sitting next to a boy who smelled strangely like weed, and another boy with an afro and a stench of way too much men's cologne.

Macy sighed as Principal Figgins closed his speech by welcoming Mr Schue on stage to welcome the Glee kids, causing the red headed teacher to clap and fill the quiet gym with hurrays.

As soon as the opening notes of Push it played, Macy's head dropped into her hands with a sigh, causing the weed guy next to her to snort, making her blush out of embarrassment. Macy could tell just by the back of Quinn's head that she fuming, and Coach Sue was no different.

Thanking herself for not joining the club earlier, Macy made her way down the stands as Rachel jumped on Finn and quickly headed towards the door. Soon enough the music stops and as Macy opens the gym doors she hears the afro kid yell 'YES!' before the rest of the school joined in. Rolling her eyes, Macy left, not noticing a boy watching her leave.

●・○・●・○・●・○・●・○・●

A/N
Not going to lie, being the Gleek I am, this story
was inevitable. Make sure to vote and comment
particular things u want to see as to be fair I'm
just going with the flow at the moment. Xx