3 - Rhodes Not Taken

𝟹 - 𝚁𝚑𝚘𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝙽𝚘𝚝 𝚃𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚗

Macy stood next to Mr Schue as he tried to calm the Glee club. Once they settled down Mr Schuester smiled and motioned towards the shy girl standing beside him, as Finn and Puck smiled at her, "Let's welcome our new member, Macy Hunter."

The kids all clapped as Mercedes spoke up pointedly, "Mr Schue, are we even sure she can sing?"

Tina spoke up next with a stutter, "Rachel pr- practically begged her to join the team."

Puck nodded his head and spoke up from his corner, "Plus, I can vouch for her. She can sing."

Quinn looked at him in confusion as Santana started talking, "and how would you know that Puckerman?"

He shrugged, "I've heard her."

"We've heard her," Finn said with a nod.

Thankful for the fact the boys weren't blasting their mouths about the sing a long they had in the music room, the girl just took a seat next to Brittany who waved excitedly at the girl, causing her to smile softly back.

"Ok! Don't Stop Believing, lets go!" Mr Schue said as he clapped his hands motioning for them to stand.

After listening to Quinn and Finn butcher the opening to a great Journey song, Quinn covered her mouth and ran out of the room causing everyone to look around in confusion.

Finn tries to cover for her by speaking up, "I think she just had a bad breakfast burrito."

"Can we please talk about the giant elephant in the room?" Kurt said as he rolled his eyes.

"Your sexuality?"

"Rachel. We can't do it without her," he said pointedly.

Mr Schuester sighed as he spoke, "That's not true. We may have to layer Santana Mercedes over Quinn's solo, but...we'll be fine."

Artie was next to voice his concern for the club's next competition, "Maybe for the invitationals, but not for the sectionals and certainly not the regionals."

Puck spoke up from where he stood beside Macy with a frown, "The wheelchair kid's right. That Rachel chick wants me wanna light myself on fire, but she can sing."

"Rachel left, guys. She's gone. If we want to make this thing work, we can't look back." Mr Schue tried to get them back on track, but noticing the lack of enthusiasm in the room he spoke again, "Alright, take five minutes."

Macy sighed and looked around, making eye contact with Mercedes and speaking up, "If Rachel doesn't come back, and we lose, then do I still have to be here?"

----

Once again, Macy was being dragged to some Glee meeting she didn't want to attend in the first place, but noticing a blonde haired woman standing next to Mr Schue she let it pass and made her way next to Tina.