7 - Wheels

𝟽 - 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜

𝟽 - 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜

Macy sat in her usual seat between Mercedes and Puck as Mr Schuester walked into the room. Macy looks up as Tina handed back to her a sheet of music, looking at it and holding in a groan.

"All right, guys." Mr Schue said as he walked around the room handing out more sheets, "We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces-"

"That is such a lie," Macy muttered, being unheard by the teacher.

"But I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know. Uh, standards, Broadway."

"Defying Gravity'? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing," Kurt excitedly says, causing Macy to rub his shoulder with a smile.

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?"

"Was he not just listening to what Kurt said," Macy muttered to Mercedes who nodded along with her in confusion.

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone," Rachel nodded at the teacher, not noticing the crushed look on her friend's face as he shrunk downwards in his chair.

Noticing Kurt's expression, and not wanting to miss a chance for a solo, Mercedes spoke up, "Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder."

"Preach."

"Okay, we don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate," Mr Schue says, causing them to laugh. "On to item two. The school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie and his wheelchair with us to sectionals."

"W-w-what?" Tina stuttered in shock

"That's completely unfair."

"So we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in glee club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale," Mr Schue announces causing the club to laugh.

"You're joking, right? I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie," Santana said as the club nodded along with her.

"So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?"

"It's not that? It's most of us? Don't know how to bake? I find ... recipes confusing," Brittany said causing everyone to look at her weirdly.

Macy nodded, "Mr Schue you weren't on the phone call when I was making toast."

Santana nodded, "she nearly died. It was not fun for my ears."

"My family is fully committed to takeout."