Chapter One

~Love is a powerful feeling that can either make you or break you~

Isabel Santos pov

I sat in front of my parents feeling a bit anxious. Something is definitely wrong somewhere the moment my mom called me with an emergency look in her eyes. I look at my dad-he's been looking so tired since the past few months but today, he looks so exhausted like he hasn't been resting for a while now. His eyelids looked heavy and there are bags underneath his eyes.

Ever since he retired three years ago, things has gone really bad for us. I became the breadwinner of the family as the only child.

My dad Daniel Santos removed his reading glasses, closing his magazine.

"We will be having a very important guest and you've to be present". He informs me wearily.

"I can't Dad, I've to go to work today".

"Surely work can wait Isa but this can't",My mom said-her voice a bit shaky.

What exactly is going on??

"Fine but I'm not staying around for long, who's this guest of yours anyway?".I asked them.

"Y-you will see when he arrives",my mom replied turning her face away.

Something is fishy....

"Okay,is that all?".

They both nodded and I left. I went to my room and called my boyfriend Steven,

"Hey Steve".

"Sweetheart where are you? Miss Stewart is hella annoyed you know".

I sigh."That's why I called you, can you talk to her for me? I won't be coming today".I told him.

"Why not sweetheart?are you okay?".

I smile. I love that he asked of me first.

"Yes I'm fine,my parents wants me to be present for an important guest that's arriving".

"Oh....okay fine, I'll try to talk to Miss Stewart for you".

"Okay thank you".

"I love you Isa".

I blush."I love you too Steven".

He ended the call and I was left blushing. Steven and I have been together for the past two years and ongoing. We met at the writing company I work in as co-workers, he's so sweet,gentle and nice to people; those attributes of his made me fall for him.

I opened my window curtains and sighted a car driving into our space, a tall man dressed in a black suit came out; I'm unable to see his face probably though but I do see he's well built.

He's probably the guest. I put down my phone and go out of my room ready to meet the 'important guest'.

My parents were at the doorstep before me greeting the heavily built man. I stood behind them studying the man's features, he looked so familiar until I realized he's MARQUEZ FERNANDÉZ!!!

Dad knows Marquez Fernandéz??but how?

I know who Marquez Fernandéz is due to the media because he's one of the richest billionaire in Brazil but I never knew my Dad is in contact with him of all people! One of the wealthiest man in Brazil is here! wait until Kayla hears this!

"This is my daughter I talked to you about Mr Fernandéz". My father slightly pushed me forward, I stood in front of Marquez Fernandéz feeling anxious all of a sudden.... I'm unable to look him in the eyes cause I'm scared.