Chapter Sixteen

~I think the playboy philosophy is very connected to the American dreams~

Lopéz

I heard her footsteps as she departs and I instantly felt relived; no I'm not even relieved I felt the opposite. Isabel deserved what she got from me,how dare she?a traded wife out of nowhere decides to order me around?and telling me to heal?heal from what exactly? My past? traumas?

"No!!!! No!!!! No!!!!".

I yelled. She has no fuckin right to tell me what to do!! She has no right to decide anything for me!!!! I can handle myself!!! I'm perfectly fine on my fuckin own!!!!

"Damn you'll!!!! Damn Marquez!!! Damn Isabel!!! Fouls!!!! You'll are fouls!!!!".

I threw all the breakable stuffs and angrily flipped it all away! "Lopéz Fernandéz isn't weak!!! I'm not dumb!!! I'm not stupid!!!! I'm not useless!!!!".

I'm so fucking sick and tired of feeling so weak and useless!!!! Isabel makes everything so worse cause why the hell do I feel some fluttering feeling in me when I kissed her?!!! Fuck why did I kiss her in the first place?!!! I'm weak..... I'm fucking weak!!!!

"No!!! No!!! She can't control me like this!!! She can't control my emotions this way!!!! No!!!!".

I refused to be controlled by a woman! Isabel should be the one craving for me! She should be craving my attention not vice versa!!! I'll not allow it!

Relax Lopéz..... relax

I took a deep breath and grabbed my jacket before storming out of my room. Isabel stood in front of me shaking with fear, I've never seen her this scared as she is now....was I that loud?

"Are you okay?",she asks me with a shaky voice,"I was scared cause um.....you were shouting and I-I........",

"What?..... you're scared?....leave then,get lost..... I'm used to it anyway". I toss my jacket on my neck and walked out of the house feeling so empty and lost.

I drove off to one of my friend's condo- Danny. I need to get my mind off this stupid failure of a marriage and Isabel- I need to get her out of my mind! I shouldn't be fluttered.....she should be not me!

I got to his place and met Danny and the rest,"Yo my bro,long while".

We shook hands and hugged. I've known them since forever- my folks who don't take life as seriously as Isabel and Marquez does.

"Marriage really did you dirty man,look at you Lopéz!".Sam mocked me.

"You'll gat a cigarette or nah?".

"Thought you quit smoking".

I scowl hard at Frank,"Never!".

I lit a cigarette and felt a bit relieved,"I need alcohol".

Alfonso appeared out of nowhere,"Oh no you're not getting one".

"Yes I am! And why the fuck you here? shouldn't you be at your father's memorial?".I laughed. Damn that was funny.

I poured some glass of bourbon for myself, now that's hot....

"I took some excuse.....what about you?",he asks me.

I shrug."Don't care about him".

"Fair enough".

I drank more shots and played some snookers with my brother and the rest. This is what I needed anyway- freedom to do what I want, hanging out with my folks brings out this inner joy in me and with them,no-one tells me what the fuck to do or not to do!..... Like Isabel...

Has she gone to the memorial.... alone?

Damn her and her mouth! I don't give a shit

"More bourbon..... anyone?".

"Lopéz you've had ten shots already, that's fuckin enough".Alfonso corrected. Did he just act like Marquez right now or I'm I seeing things?

"It's not fucking enough,I want more!".

"You're gonna get hella drunk brother,is that how you wanna go home to your wife?".

Oh he just had to ruin the mood and piss me off didn't he?!

"Alfonso don't!".

"Let him have more shots bro",Danny defended,"I mean it's not as if the blonde girl matters".

Right she doesn't matter..

Frank passed me another bottle and I gladly took shots,"Are we'll up for clubbing tonight?!".I asked them after drinking more.

"Oh fuck yes!".

"Definitely! I haven't fucked in a while".

"Euphoria girls are really hot these days". Kelvin stated.

"Damn and the strippers are crazy bro!".

I felt confused,"Euphoria girls?".

"The new nightclub that just opened recently.....you don't know?".

They all stared at me with accusations on their faces except Alfonso,he was busy with his game not giving us attention. I felt so left behind and I hate it! Back then, I'm always the one with the club suggestions and now I don't even know any.

"Marriage really did you dirty Lopéz,you need help?".

I rolled my eyes,"I'm fine idiot".

"Blink if you need help to escape this marriage torture,I can't imagine spending a lifetime with just one woman!".

It's boring and torture,I can't do it either.....

"But c'mon Lopéz you're not gonna tell us you've never looked at your wife twice",Frank winked,"she's pretty hot".

"Damn she is?".

"Fuck yes! You should've seen her at the wedding, Marquez has good eyes!".

"Shut your pineapple holes!",I snapped not wanting to talk about Isabel."Don't talk about her,she means nothing to me".

Alfonso stood up and said to me confidently,"You're gonna catch feelings some day".

"catch feelings? c'mon bro that's a weak ass game".

How can he say something so stupid with so much confidence?

"So.... Euphoria tonight?".

I nodded with a smirk. Now this is what I call fun.

Please vote and comment❤️