Chapter Twenty Three

~Inhale sky. Exhale stars~

Isabel

The door of my house slammed open and Kayla rushed in and quickly put me in a very tight hug,she almost squeezed me to the bones. "Isabel my God!".

"What is it?".

"What do you mean?you liar! Why on earth didn't you tell me what Steven did to you?!".She almost yelled at me.

"I didn't want to worry you, wait how did you know?I didn't tell you".

"I was at work today and your husband barged in with some few men behind him-",

"Wait what?".I was amazed.

"I was really more shocked than you infact everyone was! God he dragged Steven on the floor like an animal and placed him in the men's hands.......I think he's in custody though".

As he deserves!!!

I could not believe Lopéz went to the extreme for me,it made me feel so special.

"And he's also fired as well".Kayla informs,

"Fired?wait Mrs Stewart allowed that?".

"She had no choice, it's Lopéz Fernandéz.....she knows better not to mess with him".

"They're all going to hate me more now, they probably think I'm showing off".

"Hell if I've the Fernandéz last name,I'll show off too".She snorted.

I looked down on my fingers feeling embarrassed, Kayla hugged me again.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you but on the other hand I'm glad Lopéz fought for you.....now I'm so sure he has feelings".

I remembered what we did earlier and I blushed,"Feelings?you think?".

She nodded so sure,"I watched the clip of last night saga, Lopéz has never been more hotter!".

I chuckled and blushed.

We took turn gisting each other but our laugh was short-lived. An uninvited guest stepped into my home looking all confident,

"Who are you?". I stood up and faced her.

Kayla did thesame.

She pulled her glasses and smiled at me,"Oh Isabel,has it really been that long?".

Rachel! How's she here?in my house of all places? She was dressed all sexy,her tight revealing gown was too short showing all her bare thighs and legs. Regardless she reeked of confidence.

"You know her?",Kayla asked me. I nodded.

"She was my neighbor at Singapore".

She clapped loudly,"You do have a good memory!".

"What do you want? why are you here in my home?",I wasn't smiling...... my intention was to be mean.

As long as Rachel is concerned,I don't think I can ever like her! She just really has a bad energy that I don't like!

"Oh my bad! I should've called Lopéz before coming here",She replied with a mockery smile,"He probably doesn't know........you see his friend Manuela gave me his address".

"What?!".Kayla snapped at her.

I wasn't shocked. I think I'm just really tired of being shock over anything but this really got me on my nerves...... Lopéz and Rachel?..... they're seeing each other aren't they?

Of course they're Isabel! Don't try to deny it!

That jerk is such a serial cheater!!! I should've known.....

"Who the fuck are you to Lopéz?",My best friend defended,"Lemme guess you're his side piece?".

"My bad that was rude! Are you his trash can then?".

Rachel was annoyed with her,she was angry at the downgrading names Kayla called her.

She quickly defended herself, "Call me whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact that he spent a night with me!.......a whole fucking night!".

When he reeked of female perfume that night........it was Rachel's! He cheated again with Rachel......

that foul pretender!......crazy bastard

Kayla laughed at her mockingly,she was planning another defense mechanism.....I wish I can tell her to stop though, Rachel wasn't lying....... it's all true.

"And you think we will believe you? you're nothing but a cheap slut!".

Rachel brought out a wallet and handed it to me,"It's Lopéz's. He forgot his precious wallet with me,he must've enjoyed himself a lot".

"Fuck you slut!!!".Kayla pushed her roughly to the door,

"Don't you fucking touch me! I'm just here to tell Isabel that your husband is attracted to me!", Rachel looked at me with a I won face.

"You may have his last name and his ring might be on your finger but he will always crawl to me in the middle of the night Isabel!".

I turned and walked to my room,I heard Kayla yelled at her and Rachel kept on shouting. "I won't allow you to be with Lopéz alone Isabel! You will have to share!".

I jammed the door of my room and took a deep breath, Rachel's voice was gone. Kayla successfully threw the trash away.

I opened his wallet and saw a bunch of cash and two id card of Lopéz. It's truly his! It wasn't made up......it wasn't a lie.

Oh damn.....

It's like everytime I get my hopes high it always come crashing down. This was the same woman I hated, Rachel hates me.......the feeling is mutual between us. If he'd to cheat it shouldn't have been Rachel.....not her at least!

She's a dirty tramp,why leave me for her?...... Lopéz is such a liar and I'm a bigger fool to ever believe his words. He cheated on me with thesame woman he urged me not to worry about......not to think about.

That was a malicious lie. Fuck I'm such a damn fool!

he must think I'm a fool.....he must think I'm so stupid and gullible..... probably why he's been so gentle with me since yesterday.....

He only wanted to get into my pants and dump me for Rachel....

Kayla knocked on my door,I opened it so she wouldn't be worried.

"Isabel.....are you okay?".

I put on a fake smile.

She sighs." I'm not a fool you know, I've known you since we were teenagers!....that smile of yours is fake, you're not okay".

"I said I was fine.....I never said it didn't hurt". I bit my lips hard and looked down on my fingers.

"Oh I know......you deserve so much better than that jerk of a man!",She hugs me.

I found comfort in it and hugged back. I needed it.

"He only has a good face but a rotten personality!".

"I really wish I didn't care Kayla,I don't know why him being with Rachel hurts so much......I-I mean we're only married,he isn't mine".I stammered.

"Now I'm so curious to know why he chose to go to Rachel.....w-why did he took so much care of me when he knows he wants her and not me........how can he tells me I'm appealing and he chooses to go to that......that-that who're?".

"He's such a cheat,liar and a manipulator! I wish I can just hate him Kayla.......I really want to".

"Why can't you Isabel?".

I bit my lips more,"Cause I think I've grown feelings for him......he has gotten under my skin".

That realization hit me hard.

Please vote and comment❤️