Chapter 9 - Anne POV

WoW I have never written so many POVs before...

I know Liam was angry but honestly, his words stung, not because of his tone but because behind it there was an element of truth. The least I could have done was given Harry a warning. Now he relapsed and it is my fault. I was afraid; Harry was so fragile and now when he was finally getting better, I am the reason for his relapse. I knew I shouldn't have called Louis and Gemma home but I was so excited that they were coming back  that I forgot about Harry. I didn't talk to Harry or ask him if he was fine with Gemma and Louis returning. Instead, I assumed he had healed enough and would be okay with it. Tears sprung to my eyes as I pictured Harry laying in the hospital with all the wires attached to him. It didn't require a lot of my imagination because much to my sorrow, it was a scene I had seen far more times than I would have liked to. As I drove on, speeding slightly, I replayed Liam's words in my head and I cursed myself for being such a terrible mother.

 These were the thoughts running through my head as I sped to the hospital. I couldn't help myself when I stepped up the gas slightly, seeing the road was rather empty. With my bleary vision, crowding thoughts and anxious mind, I didn't see the truck in my peripheral vision. And when I saw the upcoming flashlights, it was already too late. I felt a mighty blow hit the passenger side of the car and the wind was knocked out of my lungs. The seatbelt cut my skin as it held me back and as the car spun hectically from the collision, I felt something hit my head making me feel dizzy and lightheaded. Something trickled from my forehead and I was fairly sure it was blood. Someone must have called the paramedics because I felt myself being pulled out on a stretcher. As my eyes flickered and I felt myself losing my consciousness, I asked them to call Gemma and I gave them her number before darkness engulfed my mind and I drifted off into a dreamless state of unconsciousness. 

So I'm sorry this one is short and it has been a while since I updated... I just needed to clear out my plans for the latter part of the book.... Now I have an idea so the updates will be very frequent... I know this chapter is short but a lot happens and it sets the entire later story...