Chapter 12 - Louis POV

A voice asked me to come in but I didn't enter. Instead I said, "Is Liam there? I wanted to speak to him." I cursed mentally at the fear in my voice. The door opened and a tall muscular guy opened the door. His eyes were red as though he had been crying and on the other side of the door I could hear a boy sobbing and another trying to calm him down. I gulped. Was Harry's situation so bad. I peeked into the room as Liam held the door open. Harry was on a bed looking so broken and fragile. I couldn't believe he could look so serious and hurt. I was used to seeing his dimpled smile and sparkling eyes. Did I hurt him that bad or did someone else play a part? I didn't even realize that I let out a sob until the muscular guy asked me if I was alright. I shrugged; I was far from alright. I had seen two of the closest people to me looking broken on hospital beds, how could I be fine?

So instead I asked him, "Are you Liam?" "Yes, I am." Was his response. Then he asked, "Who are you?" I gulped and shuffled slightly away from him, "I'm Louis, Louis Tomlinson." His jaw dropped and I could see anger flash in his puppy brown eyes. He closed the door and began yelling, "How dare you even come here. Do you even know how much you have hurt Harry?" He looked conflicted and then he said, "Forget it, it isn't in my place to tell you how bad you hurt him." I sighed and he looked at me as though I was crazy, "Seriously?" He yelled, "I shouted at you and you sigh? Are you freaking insane?" 

"Probably," I let out a humorless chuckle, "As in - I left behind everything important just because I couldn't stand a bit of humiliation." He raised an eyebrow in my direction as though saying he wanted to talk more about that later. I continued, "But forget it. Let's not make this about me, I came to tell you that Anne-Anne got into a car accident on the way to the hospital. She said she felt guilty and thought she was the cause of Harry being hospitalized and she was so lost in thoughts that she didn't see the truck hit her. She is fine but she wanted me to get one of you lads to assure her that Harry was fine as she, being her stubborn self, refused to believe the doctors." At this Liam smacked his forehead and he became teary. I helped him sit down on a nearby bench and he sobbed in my arms. Though we had barely known each other for 5 minutes, it wasn't awkward. He needed comfort and I wanted him to trust me. Eventually, he said, "Oh goodness. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have yelled at Anne. Oh fuck I was so angry, how could I?" That's when something at least made sense. This was the Liam Anne was apologizing to, and with whom she was talking about Harry. I tried to reassure him it wasn't his fault but I didn't have the details so I couldn't really make a strong argument. Liam still looked guilty, "I can't face Anne, " he said, "Plus I want to talk to you, Louis." I wasn't sure if I was to be afraid or not. Before I could react, he said, "Come with me." I followed him to Harry's hospital room and he signaled that I should wait outside. He went inside and I listened in on the conversation. It was something like this :

Liam - Hey Ni, is Harry asleep.

Irish accent(In guess the Ni guy) - Ya why?

Liam - Anne got into an accident on her way here.

I heard collective the Ni guy gasp. He said, "We can't tell Haz, not yet at least."

Liam - Ya I agree. So Ni can you stay with Harry, Z can you meet Anne, I have to talk to a friend plus I can't confront Anne after all the stuff I said.

Third voice (Maybe the Z guy) - Mate don't blame yourself but let's go.

I heard footsteps and I moved away from the door. Liam and a raven haired guy emerged. This guy had tattoos littering and gave off the look of a bad boy but looking in his eyes, I could tell he had as soft heart. He looked at me and then Liam, "Is he your friend Li?" Li nodded in confirmation and introduced the other boy as Zayn to me. I was grateful when Zayn didn't ask Liam for my name because I could tell that this Zayn guy could throw a punch if needed.

Zayn entered Anne's room and I went in too. I crouched near Anne and whispered to her, "Anne Zayn's here; he'll tell you about Harry. Liam didn't want to meet you because he was guilty and he wants to talk to me. Zayn doesn't know who I am and I'd rather keep it that way. He is rather scary." Anne chuckled and I smiled glad that I could make others laugh again. I could feel my sass and joke returning and I felt somewhat relieved as I left the room a grin pasted on my face. Liam caught onto my joyful expression and asked me the reason. I shrugged not knowing how to explain myself, "Uni was harsh on me, changed me a lot. Feels good to finally be myself again." I know I was being cryptic but I didn't know what to say. However, Liam got me speaking...

Please comment and vote...I really want your opinions...Pretty please