Chapter 14 - Louis POV

TW - Self Harm

Liam left me saying he was going to get Niall and Zayn and he advised me to take the time to collect myself and clear my thoughts. 

I sat and planned what I wanted to say to Niall and Zayn. But honestly, I was never one for planning - I was more of a go with the flow kind of person. Besides, I didn't know Niall and Zayn. Were they the kind of people who would appreciate a funny, sassy conversation or something more serious? I was just thinking about this when Liam returned with Zayn and Niall. Zayn said, "Hey mate, you're Liam's friend right." I didn't know how to respond so I said, "I'm L-" But Niall cut me off. "You're Louis Tomlinson aren't you?" His eyes burned with hatred and I lowered my gaze unable to look up at his intense look. "Yes" I honestly replied. Zayn gasped and when I flicked my eyes towards him I saw anger rising in his eyes. Niall was the first to jump forward. He held my collar and yelled, "Why? Why did you ruin the poor lad's life." I gulped tears in my eyes. He took his arm back to punch me but Liam held onto Niall. Niall looked at Liam angrily and yelled, "Did you fucking forget what he has done? Why are you holding me back? He is the reason Harry is lying their on that bed." Zayn was also fuming and he sided with Niall, "Are you fucking kidding me Payno. Just because you are soft-hearted doesn't mean you are a wimp. Give the lad what he deserves. He's ruined Hazza's life and you know it."

Liam winced at the harsh words but held his ground and I felt grateful for his support. He said, "Ni, Z listen. I know what Louis did was unforgivable. I fucking know that. I'm the one who always accompanied Harry to all his therapist appointments. I have seen him cry his eyes out. I have seen his panic attacks and I have seen him miss Louis. Ni you may be closer to Harry and he may trust you more but I have been there all along. Today, when I met Louis I was ready to punch him. But look in his eyes. There is a piece of sadness that exists even in Harry. He has been hurt and he was forced to block Harry. He missed Harry like hell. Leaving Harry wasn't his choice. Uni was harsh on him and I am rather sure that if he had stuck to Harry and their friendship he too would have been beaten up as bad as Harry."

Now I was shocked again, "Beaten up?" I asked. Liam just said, "I can't tell you. Only Harry can tell you his story I'm afraid," I felt anger bubble within me at the thought of someone hurting Harry and I knew I had to free my emotions before I hurt someone. So I said, " I'm going to the washroom. Once I return I'll tell Niall and Zayn my story."  I ran to the washroom and began relentlessly punching the tiled walls. My knuckles bled and dripped but I couldn't care. Once, I was satisfied I washed my bloody knuckles, trying to ignore the sting I felt. Just then the bathroom door opened and Niall walked in. I gulped and held my hands behind my back before flashing him a smile. He looked at me suspiciously and came closer before saying, " I was wondering what made you run away so quickly. Are you trying to avoid us, Louis. Or are you hiding something. I think you are hiding something behind your back. Is it something to hurt us with. Show me your hands." I gulped and reluctantly showed him my knuckles. He gasped and asked me why I did it. I sighed and said, " I was angry. I couldn't bear the thought of someone hurting Haz."

"Then why did you hurt him?" Niall asked and I could tell his coldness was just a façade. I motioned for him to follow me out of the bathroom and once we reached Liam and Zayn I told Zayn and Niall my story. At the end, Niall asked me, "You really love him don't you?" I nodded and much to my surprise, Niall hugged me and said, "I trust you." I gave him a grateful smile and turned to Zayn who didn't seem as convinced. "I don't know how Niall melted so fast and that leads me to believe something happened in the washroom so spill and then I'll decide if I can trust you." I felt ashamed to say what happened because I didn't want to seem like an attention seeker. "Nothing really." I tried to shrug the topic off but Niall said, " Louis show him your hands." I raised my hands from behind my back and Zayn gasped. "He was upset at the thought of someone hurting Harry so he beat up the poor bathroom wall." Niall filled in. Liam looked at me in shock and Zayn looked at me in amusement. "You'd do anything for Harry wouldn't you?" I replied with a yes and was slightly shocked when Zayn engulfed me in a hug but who was I to refuse.

Once we broke the hug, Liam brought up the question for debate, "When do you guys think Lou should meet Harry. In my opinion, whenever we do it, we should first tell Harry that we want him to speak to Louis to prevent a panic attack due to shock or anything of the sort." Niall and Zayn agreed with him and I followed their thoughts. Then Niall suggested, "Guys should we tell Louis about everything that happened with Harry? I know we promised him we wouldn't but I think it is rather important. I don't want him to accidently bring up anything that can trigger Harry."

Zayn agreed and though Liam looked unsure he accepted the plan. So the three of them began telling me Harry's story...

Please comment and Vote... I hope you are finding the story interesting...