❝CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎"𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑, 𝐈𝐍 the real world, you'll be playing for keeps." Lorna and Aphrodite stood on the top of the steps, looking down at the kids they had lined up which included Artemis and Lauren, along with that Wes guy that Artemis was glaring at. much to Aphrodite's amusement. "Which means we play for keeps in here." Lorna motioned the blonde boy at the end to come forwards, Wes giving him an encouraging push.

Lorna used her git to pull a hammer up from the tool box laying between the two adults. Aphrodite looked towards the boy, giving him an encouraging nod before asking, "You ready?" The boy nodded and with a quick count down Lorna tossed the hammer towards him and he was quick to hold out his hands, turning his head as a small blast sent the hammer away.

"Not bad." Lorna hummed.

Aphrodite cocked her head as Wes looked at Lauren, a cocky smile falling on his lips as he stepped forwards. "I'll go next."

"Alright." Aphrodite hummed before she looked down, only to stop when she saw a flower pot instead of a tool box. Lorna saw it to, and the woman looked towards the boy, unimpressed. Lorna watched as Aphrodite clenched her jaw, deciding she would speak up in hopes of Aphrodite not cussing the poor boy out.

"You think this is a joke?" Lorna asked. He made the illusion disappear.

"Whatever." Wes scoffed.

Aphrodite met her daughter's eyes before turning to look at the kids. "You guys don't understand. You're going to need to depend on each other just to survive. You wanna make it out there? You have got to work hard in here."

"Lauren, you're up next." Lorna called towards the blonde. Lauren stepped forwards, a determined look in her eyes, only to stop at the sound of Caitlin's voice.

"What do you think you're doing?" Caitlin asked, looking up at the two women. "That's my daughter."

"And that's mine." Aphrodite shot back, nodding towards Artemis who gave Caitlin a small wave and a sarcastic smile.

"She's training right now." Lorna told the blonde. She scoffed. "If this hits you its going to hurt―︎you might want to step back."

"Step back?" Aphrodite sighed and rolled her eyes, leaning against the stairway railing. "I don't recall giving you permission to hurl saw blades at my kid."

"Mom!" Lauren hissed, embarrassed.

"What, do you want her to get her learner's permit?" Aphrodite asked, an amused laugh falling from her lips. "She's got powers. She needs to know how to use them."