❝CHAPTER SIXTEEN❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ━︎━︎ 𝐍𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎"𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 all smiles?" Aphrodite looked up when Lorna spoke.

     "Yeah, and what just happened with you and Dreamer over there?" Marcos quizzed. The trio, John, Lorna, and Marcos all looked at the girl expectantly. She softly sighed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she crossed her arms over her chest.

     "Well, turns out, Sonya is. . . my sister." Aphrodite answered.

     "Wait, really?" Lorna asked with raised eyebrows.

     "Yeah."

     "You never told us you had a sister." John spoke. 

     "Well, I didn't really know I had one. She took away my memories when I accidentally exposed myself to our parents. Hence why I could never remember my family after I met Damien. She thought I was better off without knowing the fact that my own parents were scared of me." Aphrodite told them. She shrugged her shoulders. "My life still turned out shitty anyways."

     "Well, is it still shitty now?" Lorna asked, nudging the woman's side. "I mean, what am I? Chopped liver? And Art? Is she just invisible?"

     "No. But my husband did turn batshit crazy, and lied to me the past twenty some years, so there's that." Aphrodite answered.

     "Well, he's dead now. He got what he deserved." Lorna responded, slinging an arm around Aphrodite's shoulder.

     "Besides. We're your family. Always have been since you showed up here a couple of months ago." Lorna assured.

     "Yeah, I know." She smiled, laying her head on Lorna's shoulders. An idea came to mind. "Hey, where's Pulse?"

     "Downstairs I think, why?" John quizzed.

     "I wanna test his powers." Aphrodite smiled before removing herself from Lorna's grasp. She turned on her heel and walked away, John watching her leave, and Lorna and Marcos exchanging looks with one another before glancing at John.

     "Oh my god." Lorna spoke, making John look at her. A smile was playing on her face.

     "What?"

     "You like her." Lorna let out a laugh. "Oh, wow, I was not expecting that one at all."

     "What?" He looked at the green haired girl, confusion clear on his face which only made the woman laugh again, shaking her head.

     "It's cute. Truly, it is." Lorna smiled, shaking her head as she walked away. Marcos placed a hand on John's shoulder before following after her, a smile of amusement placed on his own lips.