❝CHAPTER THREE❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ━︎━︎ 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐀𝐏𝐇𝐑𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄, the wind twisting through her red hair as she sat on the steps by herself. She hadn't so much as spoke a word to anyone, and if she was asked something she gave one word responses. She opened her hand, watching as the purple chaos made a ball in her palm. It swirled there, patiently waiting to be used, but not doing anything without her permission. Aphrodite had learned how to control it at the mere age of fifteen, having discovered the power two years prior. By the time she had met Damien, she was mostly in control, but occasionally she would lose control, and that's how he found out about her gift. She had gotten angry one day, a group of boys being rude to Damien. She lost control, her chaos being thrown from her hands and into the group of boys, making them scramble up and run away with fright. Aphrodite had turned to walk away, but Damien grabbed her arm and looked down at her hand before bringing it up to his mouth and placing a kiss on her hand, before giving her a kiss on the lips, telling her he wasn't scared.

She wished he had been scared. She wished he had run away in fear, but he didn't. He stayed with her, he helped her, he married her, and he had a child with her―︎though not in that particular order. And he accepted it when Artemis had found out about her mutant gene. He accepted her. When no one else was there, he was, and now he was gone, and it was her fault for not protecting him. She was so focused on the place inside her head, that she hadn't noticed when Lorna had walked outside, only to find the woman she had been looking for.

    "You alright?" Her voice startled Aphrodite, making her jump in surprise and the chaos to fly from her hands. Her eyes widened slightly.

    "Sorry." She mumbled.

    She chuckled, shaking her head. "It's alright. I didn't mean to startle you." She nodded her head towards Aphrodite's hand as she walked closer to her. "Purple?"

    She gave her a small smile, nodding her head. "Yeah. That's my designated color for destruction." She turned away from Lorna before going back to playing with the magic in her hands.

    "I have green." She told her. Aphrodite turned her head, watching the green magic appear on the girls hands. "My color doesn't cause as much chaos, but it allows me to manipulate metal."

    "At least yours is easier to control." Aphrodite softly said, a sigh falling from her lips. "My powers are literal chaos."

     "Well, it depends on who you're asking." Lorna smirked before making the green manipulation go away. She looked at Aphrodite for a moment before turning away. "We can always wait until you're ready, but we'd like to start training as soon as possible."

     "I'm trained enough in my powers. I keep them in control." Aphrodite shook her head.

     "I'm sure you are, Winter. We just want to see what you can do. That's all." Lorna assured her. Aphrodite glanced at her before letting out a soft sigh and nodding her head. "And, hand to hand, but only if you want. That one's optional."

     "I know hand to hand combat." Aphrodite assured. "I had to learn that at a young age." 

     Lorna offered her a small nod before standing up, Aphrodite following suit. "You're very confident, you know."

     "I don't mean to be. Because truly I'm not." Aphrodite muttered. Lorna glanced at her before entering the building once more with Aphrodite right behind her. They entered the room where Aphrodite would be training, John already patiently waiting for them. Lorna gave him the nod of her head and the training started. Aphrodite showed them what she could do, between the telekinesis, the hits that could be thrown, Aphrodite was comfortable with. However, she wasn't comfortable with reality warping.

     "I don't want to hurt you." She frowned, looking at the green haired girl. Lorna shook her head, smirking slightly.

     "I'll be perfectly fine, Winter. Just do it." Lorna sat down in a chair and looked at the woman. Aphrodite frowned, her eyes glancing towards John who was already looking at her. He gave the woman a small nod of his head and she let out a soft sigh before turning to Lorna and walking up to her.

     "I'm sorry." Aphrodite whispered before placing her hand up to Lorna's temple, shooting the purple wisps into Lorna's head, and making her worst nightmare come reality. Lorna placed her hands against her temple, a dazed look taking over her face before they watched tears well in her eyes. Angry tears. Aphrodite closed her eyes as she waited for it to wear off and by the time it did, Lorna blinked and a look of horror was plastered on her face. She looked up at Aphrodite, noticing the guilt that covered the woman's features.

     "What did you just show me?" Lorna asked.

      "Your worst nightmare." Aphrodite answered, turning on her heel and walking away, not noticing the look that was exchanged between John and the green haired woman.

" Aphrodite answered, turning on her heel and walking away, not noticing the look that was exchanged between John and the green haired woman