C H A P T E R 2

۞
The Five Musketeers

“When life fucks you hard, you just have to moan.”

I just rolled my eyes as Nathaniel continues to talk about nonsense things inside Azriel's car.

Gabriel was looking bored at para na rin niyang gustong lagyan ng tape ang bibig ni Nathaniel. Napaka-ingay kasi niya sobra, did he swallow a huge speaker when he was a kid?

Then I suddenly remembered Sol.

"Ano Luna, want to be partners in crime?"

I smiled at him and said, "I'm not going to do any crime because I don't want to be a criminal. Goodbye and I hope our paths won't cross again."

I know that he didn't mean it literally but I just didn't have the energy to talk to him anymore. Sol isn't permitted to go outside kapag umaga. I don't want to put him or myself in danger.

I snapped back into reality and I immediately dialled Lara's number, I just wanted to talk to a girl right now.

"Hello, this is Lara Rue De Siene how can I help you?" she said in a very sweet angelic voice.

Nathaniel stopped talking, Gabriel looked surprised, Azriel stopped driving the car and napaface palm nalang ako.

Kinuha ni Gabriel ang phone ko and he said, "Yow bitch! Umabsent kalang naging anghel kana? Nawala na ang malaki mong sungay? Hahaha marami tayong quiz bukas."

I can imagine Lara rolling her eyes right now. She's very mean but she's just being herself.

She said to me that 'It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for what you're not.'

"Oh shut the fvck up Peyton Gabriel Forester! I did not ask if there are any quizzes tomorrow! This is Celestia's phone, give it to her!"

Gabriel gave me the phone with a scared look at mukhang malapit na ring masira ang kanyang eardrums dahil sa pagsigaw ni Lara.

"Hey, Lara Rue! We're coming over to your house, maghanda ka ng snacks!"

There was only silence, she isn't responding. This silence is killing me.

"Lara, nasa langit kana? Hindi ka pala pwedeng pumasok dun, may sungay ka eh!" sabi ni Nathaniel.

I glared at him and still waiting for Lara's response.

"The fvck Nathaniel!" she whispered, well that's odd she usually shouts at us. "Sorry kanina, I couldn't talk kasi pumasok si mama sa kwarto tinanong ako kung bakit daw ako sumisigaw. Yeah, come over and give me some of your notes!"

While we were driving towards her house we played Bad Habits by Ed Sheeran. I thought Azriel was going to turn it off kasi hindi kanta ng Blackpink.

We finally arrived at our destination, De Siene's Residence. A big and grand mansion, gawin ko nalang sugar mommy si Lara para masaya ang buhay ko.

I suddenly saw three big bull dogs when we opened their gates.

Oh right their names are Killer, Gunner and Trigger.

I suddenly remembered that Peyton Gabriel is allergic to dogs and he started sneezing. I can hear Lara's evil laugh, she and Gabriel are more like frenemies.

"Lara Rue!" I shouted and run towards her to give her a hug. She gave me the stay away look but I still came closer to her.

Lara has very curly hair if she doesn't comb her hair, it would totally look like a broomstick. She has red lips, beady eyes and I can totally say that she's cute.

"Pumasok na kayo. Gunner, Trigger and Killer go to the back! H'wag n'yo na munang takutin si Gabriel. Not today, I'm still not done with my revenge."

The dogs followed her orders. Nice! They're well trained. I hope she doesn't say Killer kill them kapag na inis na siya sa amin.

"Lara naman, sinabi ko lang kay Saturn na crush mo siya tapos galit kana agad sa akin?" Gabriel looked like a little kid who was about to cry.

"Tae ka! I can't trust you with my secrets anymore! Right now, Saturn and me are in an awkward situation. I can feel that he's going to avoid me!" sigaw ni Lara.

I couldn't believe it! Lara Rue De Siene has a crush on Saturn Frei Valderrama?! Crush niya pala yung cousin ko.

"Sinabi ko lang kay pareng Saturn yun para malaman niya. Mas mabuti na alam na niya kaysa naman magmukha siyang clueless. And maybe, maging kayo pa!" natatawang sabi ni Gabriel.

Natawa nalang ako dahil childhood friends sila ni Saturn and I thought Lara was a tomboy, meron naman palang lalaking magpapalambot sa matigas na puso niya.

"Pumasok na kayo sa loob ng bahay baka magbago ang isip ko at ipatapon kayo sa labas and you guys better obey me like a dog," sabi ni Lara.

"We are not dogs Lara," sabi ni Azriel. I looked at Nathaniel who is happily playing games with his phone, he's not bothered nor listening to any of us.

"Yeah, right."

Lara's mother, Tita Lucia welcome us and gave us snacks. Yes, they're rich but they are nice people.

"Lara, I thought may lagnat ka? Mukhang okay kana ngayon." sabi ni Tita Lucia.

"Ah-eh..."

Lara couldn't say something. I suddenly remembered what we talked about last night.

May plano kasi siyang umabsent para lang manood ng k-drama and that she was going to lie to her mother na may lagnat siya.

Gabriel suddenly smirked and said, "Oo nga tita, mukhang masigla at okay naman si Lara. Alam mo tita, madali lang yan si Lara gumaling kapag may lagnat siya pagkatapos ng 1 hour gagaling na yan. Just let her watch k-drama. Proven and tested na yan!"

Lara looked like she was about to murder Gabriel.

"Ah, ganyan pala. Sige Lara ikaw na ang maglilinis ng buong bahay. Magaling kana di ba? O baka gusto mo pa manood ng k-drama? H'wag kana gumawa ng palusot." sabi ni Tita and then she gave Lara a broom and a dustpan.

Gabriel gave Lara the I won the war look. Hay, nako baka sila ang magkatuluyan.

Lara started cleaning the house at tumulong kaming tatlo except kay Gabriel. Hay nako! He's sitting on the chair looking like a prince.

Sa paglilinis namin may nakita akong photo. It's a photo of us when we were in highschool. There's a picture of Gabriel wearing glasses tapos may braces siya pero ngayon grabe ang glow up! Binatang-binata na talaga!

There's also a picture of chubby Nathaniel, ang cute! Totoo naman talaga na sobrang chubby niya and he would easy get tired after taking a few walks. Ang chubby at binu-bully noon ay isa sa campus heartthrob and magaling na gamer ngayon.

Si Azriel naman noon ay sobrang tahimik, akala ko nga hindi siya marunong magsalita at wala siyang kaibigan noon. He still looked the same pero mas matured siya ngayon.

Si Lara rin noon ay naka braces at marami ang nangbu-bully sa kanya but now she's looks like a goddess, a goddess that will slay you with her looks. I can say that she was the very nice and angelic one in our squad but now she's the bad ass bitch who will drag you down and beat you up if you mess with her.

While me, I still looked like the same old me but I think I'm so much better now.... I'm still dumb and stupid though.

Honestly, I'm proud of the old me who still stayed strong and brave.

They came closer to me and looked at our old photos. We treasured a lot of memories together. They're priceless....

My friends are worth more than any precious gems that's in this world. I'm so lucky to have them.

"All for one and one for all!" the four of them said in unison when they saw the picture.

It was a picture of us looking like the Musketeers, medyo jeje na cute. My jeje face and jeje squad.

"The five fvcking musketeers!"