C H A P T E R 17

۞
Here Comes Autumn

Sol's POV

The smell of roses engulfed the room and all of a sudden it made me realize that I am still alive.

I realised that I am currently lying in the hospital bed. There are flowers on the table and I can see a girl who kept on crying... My heart felt like it stopped beating for a second.

"You're so stupid.... stupid, stupid, stupid!"

She kept on repeating those words over and over again. Si Luna pala yun. I sighed at tumingin siya sa akin. There are tears in her eyes, nasaktan ko siya ng sobra.

"You're awake! I have to tell them," biglang sabi niya at lalabas na sana siya sa kwarto ngunit hinawakan ko ang kanyang kamay. It's a sign that I don't want her to leave. I can see her smile but I know that doesn't mean that she's happy. It's a fake one.

"I'm sorry. I know it's really easy to say and it won't really turn back the time... I wish I didn't hurt you Luna."

Tears started to fall down her cheeks again. I know that she doesn't want this situation that we are in right now. I know my body is slowly weakening and everything isn't just going in our way.

"Getting hurt is part of loving someone. When there's love, there is also pain. They're both going to be together, always... but you're worth all the pain Sol," she started wiping her tears and looked at me. "Mahal na mahal kita kasi kahit na nasasaktan na ako ay ikaw pa rin ang sinisigaw ng puso ko. Sounds cringe right? Pero yun ang totoo. I never knew what love means until I met you."

I smiled bitterly and the doctors came in the room. Sinabihan nila si Luna na doon nalang sa labas siya muna maghintay. I gave her a smile, the smile that means everything is going to be alright and I will be fine.

I hope so...

☘︎

Luna's POV

How can he smile like that? A smile that's just too beautiful for me to see. He's weakening but he can still smile like everything is going well for him.

Bakit ganyan ka Sol?

Bakit madali lang sayo ang ngumiti ng ganyan?

I waited outside the door. Hindi ako mapakali, I just can't stand here but also at the same time I can't go inside and help them. How did we get here? It feels like yesterday, everything was just alright but now everything that we have is falling apart.

I begged my mother to cancel the flight and take Sol to the hospital. I couldn't just leave him like that, I know my mother is disappointed with me right now pero for once gagawin ko ang gusto ko.

I'm currently pacing back and forth, hindi ako mapakali. I don't know what the doctors are doing.

"Calm down Luna."

I look back and I can see Levi eating bread. This idiot again, he never changes.

"You want bread?" he asked out of the blue while waving his bread right in front of face. "Bumili ka."

I rolled my eyes at him. I was really in a serious moment pero ganyan pa rin siya. I sighed and tried to brush my own hair using my fingers.

"I was just trying to make you laugh Luna. You look so serious and anxious. Oh wait, you always look like that."

"Hindi rin naman nakakatawa yung sinabi mo Levi. This is a serious situation you know?!"

I kept on pacing back and forth again. Mahilig kasi ako mag-overthink and my head can come up with the worst scenarios that may happen. I really hate it. I started to cry again, I don't know what to do anymore. Levi came closer to me and hugged me.