C H A P T E R 9

۞
Pain Changes
People

Sol's POV

“So Sunny, what do you think?” tanong ko sa kanya pagkatapos na lumabas si Luna sa room. I am currently eating the cookies that she gave me and they're pretty good.

“She's pretty man! Yieee Sol has a crush~” she said that over and over again. Ang ingay talaga niya. Sunny has been my friend since I was a kid and she's also my cousin.

“H'wag kang maingay, natutulog na nga si Rowan baka magising siya,” I said while looking at the child who is now sleeping peacefully, like he doesn't know what's going on this world.

“Do you think that it's the right time to confess my feelings for her Sunny?” tanong ko and she almost choked on the cookies that she's eating. This idiotic girl.

“I don't know, I'm not destiny man! It's up to you, ikaw rin naman yung may pagtingin sa kanya at hindi ako,” she said then she flip her hair. “By the way, your father.”

“I don't want to talk about Dad. What does he want now?! Iniwan na nga niya ako dito sa hospital!” I suddenly said it with anger, naalala ko kasi kung paano niya ako iniwan dito.

“Sol, calm down. Okay I'm sorry for bringing that up but he's here and he's going to visit you.”

I smiled bitterly.

Why does life has to throw a lot of shit in my life? Just when I thought that everything's going to be fine, everything came stumbling down like a house of cards. I closed my eyes as I recall my childhood.

———☘︎———

As the bright and scorching sun is up above the sky. Outside the window I can see that the grass is greener than ever and there are flowers growing everywhere. It's really a beautiful scenery.

I can see children playing happily. Smiles plastered on their faces, their cheeks are red and bright, wind blowing their kites and sweat dripping on their faces.

Happiness...

I want to be happy like them...

I want to join them...

I want to feel the sun...

Its heat and its warmth...

“Mother! I want to play outside!” I shouted happily but I can already see disapproval in her face.

It has always been like this, hindi ako pwede lumabas tuwing umaga. I'm already sick and tired of this life, I want live a normal life.

But I just can't because of this damn stupid disease.

“Sol, you already know that you can't play outside during daytime. The sun harms your skin my little darling,” mom said while slowly brushing my golden hair. As I look into her ocean blue eyes, I can see sadness and pity.

Why do I have to suffer like this? I'm not a bad guy and Santa Claus hasn't put my name on the naughty list.

I just sat down on the couch, looking bored and a little lifeless. All I know is that the sun is my enemy, I can't go out when he is shining brightly during daytime... I like the moon, she's not my enemy and she doesn't harm my skin.