Ch. 17 - New Dragon Balls!

Goku and Mirai looked out at the village of Namekians who had their eyes on them. Goku was in awe, having not seen so many Namekians before. He hardly even saw any Namekian other than Piccolo, let alone a full village of them.

"Who... are you?" A Namekian Mirai recognized as Elder Mori questioned cautiously.

"Elder Mori!" Mirai smiled at the elderly Namekian. "Oh, uh I guess you wouldn't recognize me like this..."

"Um, my name's Son Goku. We come from Earth." Goku introduced himself with a hand behind his head. He pointed a thumb towards Mirai, "And that's Gonan, but from the future! It's a little weird to explain."

Elder Mori recognized the names and immediately brightened up, remembering the good deeds Son Goku and his friends did for them. Mirai took it upon herself to explain the events on Earth this time, and Goku explained his idea.

"I was wondering if one of you could come to Earth and become a god."

"Why, there is someone perfect for the job." Elder Mori stated with a smile. He glanced at Mirai, "I think you'll recognize him."

"Really?" Goku questioned, both excited and curious.

"Come over here, Dende!" Elder Mori called, looking behind him towards the back of the crowd.

"Dende?" Mirai repeated the name as memories of her time with the small Namekian came flooding back. She looked towards the very same small Namekian walk through the crowd and towards Elder Mori.

"He's been infatuated with Earth ever since then. He's always talking about how he wants to go see Gohan, Gonan, and Krillin."

"Th-That's great, but..." Goku started, unsure about this. "You have to be able to make Dragon Balls."

"Don't worry. Dende is a true scion of the Dragon Clan! He'll make a fine Kami." Elder Mori reassured the Saiyan with a proud smile.

Goku placed a hand on Dende's shoulder with a wide smile, "Then he's perfect! Great to meet you, Dende!" He then looked to the other Namekians, "Thanks a lot! We'll be sure to take good care of him!"

The Namekian village said their goodbyes to the Saiyans, wishing them peace for Earth.

Goku teleported himself with Mirai and Dende off of the Namekian planet, dropping by King Kai's place briefly to inform him that it worked, and they arrived back on the Lookout.

Piccolo, recognizing Dende, greeted him in shock just before Goku decided to bring Gohan and Krillin to the Lookout to meet with Dende as well. It didn't take long for Goku to return with his son and childhood friend.

Mirai left the three to have their reunion, finding no need to bother them with her presence as she once again gave Goku's jacket a light tug. He looked to Mirai curiously.

"Hey, I still want to talk to you. Don't think I've forgotten."

"Oh, right. I also wanted to talk to you as well. Let's talk a bit away from the others, ok?" Goku hardly waited for a reply, immediately walking towards one of the edges of the Lookout. Mirai followed him, curious about what he had wanted to talk to her about. Once they had walked to the edge of the Lookout, Goku turned to face Mirai. "Go ahead, you can talk first."

"Right..." Mirai started as she tried to get her thoughts together, "Uh, you seem really relaxed about all of this... You must have some sort of plan, or some hidden power you haven't showed anyone. What is it?"

Goku closed his eyes for a moment, "I thought you were going to ask about that. Actually, that's kind of what I wanted to talk to you about."

"So you do have a plan."