Ch. 20 - Goku Vs. Cell

"So you're going to start us off, eh? I'd wanted to save the best for last... Oh well."

Cell faced Goku with a grin, clearly not too put off by Goku's choice to go first. He shifted from his calm posture to hold his fists at his sides, stance wide and ready. Across from him, Goku slipped into his fighting stance, a look a focus on his face as he eyed Cell almost cautiously.

He did say that he wouldn't be able to beat Cell on his own, after all.

The others on the sidelines watched the arena closely, wondering just what Goku had up his sleeve while the TV reporter reassured his audience that Hercule would get back into the ring after a short break.

"Let's go!"

Goku used the go ahead given by Cell and shoot forward to begin his assault with a kick to Cell's head, a blow easily blocked. He tried again with a punch instead, only for that to be blocked as well. Thus began the cycle of launching attacks only to have them blocked by the strange bug-like bio-android.

As soon as Cell threw his first punch, Goku flipped backwards a few times to dodge and gain some distance, only for Cell to kick off the ground to come after him. Goku blocked the headbutt that Cell had come after him with, allowed himself to drop backwards and kick up with both feet, sending Cell up into the air. He gave chase and held his hands to his side, charging up his ki in between his hands as he flew up after Cell.

"Ka-me-ha-me-haa!" Goku's voice called out his attack as he thrust the blast up at Cell. However, there wasn't enough power in it, Cell simply deflected the energy off into the distance.

Disctracted by the deflection, Cell hadn't had the time to react to Goku's appearance behind him, leading to him taking a hard punch in his back. Scowling, Cell turned and punched him in return, right in his face. Not letting up, Cell brought his hands together and hammered them down on Goku's chest, sending him flying down into the arena below.

With a thud, Goku managed to land on his hands and knee, the impact resulting in little more than cracks in the arena's tiles. By the time he stood upright, Cell had already landed on the arena across from him, both competitors grinning at each other as their blood pumped in excitement.

"That should do for a warm-up..." Cell stated casually.

Krillin gulped as he looked on anxiously, "N-Now the real fight's gonna start..."

After a moment's pause, Goku grit his teeth and narrowed his eyes, "All right!"

His arms crossed over his face before being pulled to his sides in a powerful call of energy, said energy rolling off of him and effecting the air around them. The air was forced away from himself, kicking up dirt and nearly blowing some of the Z-fighters away. Of course, the ordinary human bystanders stood no chance against the might of Goku's power, and thus were blown away.

The Z-fighters gaped at Goku as they felt the immense power radiating from him. All but those blood related to him.

'Why is everyone so amazed...? Of course dad's great, but...'

Mirai could practically read Gohan's thoughts as he glanced at the others with the utmost confusion. Gonan had a similar reaction. It almost made her sick as all it was was proof of Goku's theory being correct.

The only thing that managed to tear her gaze away from the eleven-year-olds was Cell's burst of power that rivaled Goku's. Again, the other Z-fighters were amazed by the power, but Mirai knew better. Cell hadn't tried nearly as hard to bring out this amount of power like Goku had.

He really was leaving this all on a gamble, wasn't he? Gambling on children, his children at that... Mirai just hoped that she could convince him to send her in instead, hopefully she had the same amount of power as the kids did.