Chapter 12: Destiny of the Chosen

Song: "Returning Home" - Dyathon

        "We are entering the strongest gravity field of the wormhole," Lando explained to Finn in the Falcon's cockpit. "The Falcon is having a bit of trouble navigating through it."

"What? Does that mean we're all going to be spaghettified?" Finn's voice shook with his words.

"Oh, sit down, kid! Quit being annoying!" Lando pushed the young man back into his seat. "I'll figure it out." Soon after he said that, a communication came through on the console.

"We need to be quick about this. The Beacerika is stalking us." Kylo Ren actually sounded a bit panicky. "I also feel that Rey is in danger."

Lando smirked. "Not to worry, kid. We'll save your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend!" However, Lando knew Ben was blushing from his Silencer.

Hearing his response, Finn scrunched up his nose. "Kylo Ren likes Rey? Oh, that's disgusting."

"I heard that!" Annoyance was not Ben's cup of tea. He did not like Rey! He just needed her in one piece if he was going to train her. He punched his flying console and turned off the communication. Just in case the Beacerika ambushed him and his allies, he prepared his blasters. That allowed him some time to collect his thoughts.

***

The figure on the throne did make Rey edgy, but at the same time, she felt peace. She tried her best to not let that show, but it was too late.

The figure cackled menacingly. "Hm, it looks like we don't have much to do. You're already really in-tuned with the Dark side," he said.

"You're not going to turn me." Rey clenched her fists. She had to look brave in front of the faceless monster.

He tightened his grip on his throne's arms and asked, "Oh, really? How would you react if I told you you've already turned?"

Rey froze. "What do you mean?" she nervously said.

The second she asked that, the figure tapped his foot. Rey felt her feet move by themselves. Similar to what happened in Snoke's throne room six months prior, the Dark side user used the Force to pull her uncomfortably close. The cloth fell from her arm.

Rey tried to move, but she couldn't. The closer she edged to the man, the more her arm screamed in agony. She stopped next to him, shaking with both fear and excitement. At that point, she did not know if choosing the Star Destroyer over the Mon Calamari was good or bad. She just followed her instincts.

The man lifted his wrinkled hand and reached for her right arm. "Hm, you've got quite the injury here. It's filled full of Dark side energy. That tells me that you used the Dark side to encounter the Beacerika on the island."

"How do you know about the Beacerika?" Rey flinched when the man grabbed her arm.

He used his abilities to search the injury for light, but he felt none. "There is no light left in you. Therefore, you have already turned."

"I refuse to believe that."

"You don't need to make this any harder than it already is, child."

"I refuse to believe that," Rey repeated. There was no way she was already part of the Dark side. The man just wanted to get in her head. Nevertheless, she let out a piercing scream when he shoved her away.