Chapter 13: The Rise of Skywalker

The minutes progressed, and the earthquake worsened. It started to swallow all of the wrecked ships in the graveyard.

"Return to the ship! If we're going to survive this, we need to return to the ship!" Finn shouted at his friends.

"I'll lead the way!" said Rey. She jumped in front of her friends and ran, but she did not get far. A rock broke out of the ground in front of her, and it took Rey with it. Closing her eyes, she hung on for dear life.

Down below, Finn's eyes popped. "Oh no! Rey!"

The rock rose higher and higher into the atmosphere.

Rey felt the gravity lighten up. Before she knew it, her legs floated like a kite behind her. What a strange planet. On Phonolukamy's surface, the gravity was strong enough to hold life forms, but it quickly dissipated in the air. Another starship fell over like a domino. That one crushed the rock Rey held onto. She gasped when it slowly floated away from the growing tower and turned upside-down. She tightened her grasp on her ride, and her fists turned white. Rock pieces bumped it and knocked it toward the ground.

"Please no," Rey begged. She did not want to risk entering the normal gravity field again. Her ride would crush her if she did.

"We need to get her down from there," Finn said to Rose and Poe.

They nodded with agreement, but it was a little amusing to watch Rey panic and float around. Poe and Rose almost wanted to grab a rock of their own and join her in the anti-gravity zone.

Rose even lifted her hand and called, "Are you having fun up there, Rey?"

"No! Make it stop!" she said back. Her rock once again turned upside-down.

"I'll get her," a voice spoke behind Finn, Rose, and Poe. Within the shaking planet emerged Ben, who had dragged out a broken piece of a starship from another wreck.

Poe and Rose instantly glared.

"How do we know you're not going to kidnap her again?" Poe asked.

"I'll bring her back to the Falcon. Just give me a chance." Ben almost sounded desperate. "Besides–" He held up Rey's lightsaber, "I have her lightsaber. Somebody has to return it to her."

The ground split under him, but he quickly jumped over to another piece of land.

"We don't have time for all this childish behavior," Finn said in a stern voice to Rose and Poe. "We need to get to the Falcon soon or else we're done for." He nodded and said to Ben, "We'll bring the Falcon to you and Rey."

"Fine! Do whatever you must." Ben waved Poe, Finn, and Rose on. Though doubtful, they listened to him.

He waited until another new rock burst out of the ground. He used it as a ride to reach the anti-gravity field. Once he hit it, he jumped on top of the debris. Another broken piece of a rock tower tapped him.

Rey saw him, but she still panicked. She was right on the line of the anti-gravity field and the normal gravity field. While the rock was in the anti-field, she was in the normal. The thanks for that went to her being upside-down.

Rey suddenly fell from her ride and dropped toward another Star Destroyer that was stuck in the shaking ground. "Ahh!" she yelled.

Ben held his hand out to her. "Rey! I need another rock to tap me!" He rapidly searched the area for more floating rocks.

Rey crashed into the Destroyer's back. The force of the impact flipped her onto her front, and she rolled down its spine toward its engines. However, she managed to grab hold of a sturdy pole just before she could hit them.